Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 24th August 2011, 01:52 PM
Default Chrono testing this weekend.

Now providing the weather behaves itself this weekend I am going to do some pre Winter testing. Have got hold of an old IBM laptop (with serial port) and will be checking the clubs S200 over a charge to verify they do not go over and also get an idea of the power curves with my Combro.

After that I will be checking mine with a couple of brands of pellets (Premier 10.5 / JSB 8.4 and Daystate 7.9s) to make sure all is well and legal. I will be shooting 10 groups of 10 shots at a 45 or 50yd target to record the accuracy. A bit over the top but will be using the data to help explain a few things when introducing new members to airguns.

Some people I have come across just think you just aim at a point and shoot not quite understanding that with different distance targets the pelelts will either hit higher or lower.

Will be opening it up to other club members if they want to get a recorded shot string for themselves. I do know that one club memeber wants to compare it to his Daystate GP.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread