Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 18th July 2011, 07:07 PM
Member of: Guisley ftc
Default good luck

forgot to mention yesterday but here goes anyway shoot round the fantastic course at emley with a smashing chap john willngham from hull you shoot well mate and good luck on your search for some new grounds it all sounded positive fingers crossed for you all at hull.
Old 19th July 2011, 07:15 AM
Lucky git

Well done to Dave on the 58.....i thought the course wasn't too bad until i started to shoot a few lanes and realised the positioning of the pegs made it tricky to get comfy. It wasn't planned like that, we were just lucky

The fun targets i had made and it's nice to get some feedback. the shapes were picked to try and catch peole out if it's windy or if your rangefinding is a little out. It took a bit of time and effort (and help from a few friends) to put the targets together as the faceplates are bolted onto proper Knockover mechanisms but i think they are well worth the effort.

I missed my own Shark target due to misranging.
Old 24th July 2011, 05:42 AM
Member of: Pontefract
Default Target shapes

A great day even the weather came good (for the fist round !).
Over all liked most of the shape's but the "flag of Japan" and the "willow tree?" I thourgh a bit unfair !
My reason if you went high on them because of the random slots it it then became a matter of luck.
I missed the willow by going too high by about 10mm and went clear through a slot and scored a big fat O.
I saw a few paint chips at the top of the target 50 or 60mm from the kill thay would have given some LUCKY less acurate shooter a 1 !!!