Shooting the breeze Air Arms, World Class Air Rifles sponsors the British Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 27th June 2011, 06:02 PM
Why do I bother????????
Member of: Darlington RA
Default Butt hook (or not), worth it???

I am just about to splash out on a FT rig. I am struggling to choose between 2. Essentially the same rifle, with the same scope as well (both FG 110 FT with Big Nikko). One comes with more extras (Anshutz palm rest and butt hook plus muzzle break) for more money (although cheaper rifle includes 10k of it's favourite pellets). Both are close enough to pick up etc and both sellers are known to me.

If I go for the rifle without the shiny extras, am I going to disadvantage myself without a butt hook fitted, or will I not miss one if I don't have one?

Having tried one with butt hook fitted, it did seem to help with standers, but no doubt I would learn to shoot either rifle. I only want to lay out a lot of cash once. The difference in price between the 2 is slightly less than the likely 2nd hand price of the extra parts.

Struggling to decide.

Any thoughts???
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread