Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 14th May 2011, 08:14 PM
Member of: Fort airgun club
Location: A proud Englishman from a once great country sadly no more.
Default A Bluey to T4T from an infantry Major in Afghanistan.

0n arriving back from work this evening, there was a Bluey waiting for me from an officer of an infantry unit currently on a operational tour in Afghanistan thanking us for the parcels we had sent recently. This is the 2nd such letter we have had recently from a unit OC on behalf of his men and gets over how important these officers see a box of goodies from home for their troops morale and like all such Blueys is always a good to come home to.

Patrol base ######
Upper ######### Valley
Helmand Province

25th April 2011

Dear Gary,

I would like to write on behalf of the soldiers in my unit to say Thank You deeply for the extraordinary kindness you and your team have shown in the sending of so many marvellous boxes of very welcome food and goodies. I cannot tell you what a lift these parcels are for morale to the guys on the front line. Not only has the food been very welcome but the knowledge that there are so many at home who care enough about their countrymen rebuilding Afghanistan so far away is a superb boost to our troops.

So that you know a little about us. I am a Major ###### Officer Commanding A Company, 3rd Battalion ########## Regiment. We are normally an Armoured Infantry unit based in ##############, Germany out on our feet now rather than in vehicles. We arrived a few weeks ago and have had to get to grips with the region, learning the language, understanding the customs and getting to know our way around. The harvest is on at the instant and things are quiet at the moment for that reason. We are sure that things will warm up as we get into May. We have had the odd few rounds fired in our direction, but nothing very serious, traditionally the summer is the ''fighting season'' in this part of the world. So we are probably in for a tough few months - but believe me the men of A company are ready.

It only remains for me to thank you once more from the bottom of my heart for your empathy, warmth and generosity of spirit. You are making a significant contribution to the military effort out here and I know that our soldiers are deeply grateful

With thanks and best wishes,

#### ######

Last edited by Grayling; 14th May 2011 at 08:30 PM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread