Shooting the breeze Millride Field Target Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 4th July 2011, 06:13 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

I did wonder berty, 38 degrees was showing on mine... but once learnt, it's job done.

All i am working out now is the temp which she shifts on the way down. So far i've worked out she's moved by 28 degrees, and shows signs about 26-27... the crossover doesn't take long so that's of little concern. On the way down i've seen her hold her shift until 19-20 degrees, it would appear 18 sees it gone. It smacks of something inside holding the temperature before releasing it... i'm thinking parallax lens carrier... even on the nightforces (reputed to be all brass) these are ally... perhaps a less expansive material would be the answer.

I'd like to know to the degree when she's moving, but i've worked ways around it to help for the moment.

Perhaps the 34mm tubing which allows for a bigger pa tube means a different rate of expansion?
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 11th July 2011, 09:19 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Had it ?

I have had every scope but the march . i currently have a PM2 BUT if all i could have is a one scope . then it would be the Lupe Comp X in 35 mag . it is light bright and ranges spot on in any weather except the very cold .plus it is cheap secondhand . so much as i like my PM2 the lupe wins hand down ??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "