Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 27th March 2011, 10:04 PM
Member of: Rivington Riflemen

Got to add my thanks to Quarry and Treetops for a good day out.

The course was very interesting and taught me quite a few lessons . I found the walk up the hill (twice) a bit more taxing than I thought but perhaps shows I should be fitter

All in all a good course, a very tricky wind and a great shoot.

Well done to all concerned.

Old 28th March 2011, 06:44 AM
Ich dien
Member of: Quarry Hunters

Glad that everyone enjoyed the course and the venue.
Big thanks to all who help set it up, Derick Stone, Peter & Andrew Underwood, Phil & Paula Johnson & to Richard Bainton for setting out the zero range, thanks to all Quarry members who helped run the day with booking in and sorting the parking out and who helped put the course away.
Big thanks to Andrew & Amanda at Treetops for letting host a round there, to all the marshals who help make the day runs smooth and to Steph for selling the UKAHFT badges.
Thanks to Tony Belas and Daystate for sponsoring R1.

Well done to all the winners.

Only downer to the day was Nicky Pearson, who unfortunately slipped and fell and has broken her leg, myself and Del will be going down to see her later today and keep you all posted.

Last edited by Sparky; 28th March 2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 28th March 2011, 07:36 AM
Default What a day!!

A huge thank's to everyone at Treetop's it was a fantastic course and it was fab to see everyone again.
Mini Marshall absoultly loved his first UK and managed to get 37 and said He can't wait till the next one. He actucally got both of the snakes down!!
A massive thank's to Kevin for going round with us and not losing the plot!!

I spoke to Nicola last night and she was high as a kite and laughing!! She was on every drug going....
But she has actucally broken her Tibia and Fibula one 3 times and the other 2 times!! I can't remember which way round she said .She will be in Wales till the weekend and will hopefully have her op on Tuesday when she will have to have a rod and nut's and bolts put in to keep her together!!

Anyone who want's to be kept in touch with her give me a call and I will pass on her number

See you at MAD Saturday

Andrea,Bruce and Mini Marshall
Old 28th March 2011, 08:32 AM
Goed Geschoten

Well was that fun or what! Thanks to Pete Dutton and Baz Smith for your company round the course, really enjoyed it . A great course with some tricky targets only made more difficult by that horrid wind that was there and then gone?? Thanks to Guy giles for making up the new game for making the marshalling even more fun. BABTBF is the abriviation for it and it consists of small bets on passing shooters. Almost as much fun as "Twigging" as i recall we are even mate?

Poor Nicky for hurting her leg, fingers crossed she gets better asap!!

Great to see everyone yesterday, cant wait for the Worlds now

I didn't ask for these powers !
Old 28th March 2011, 08:35 AM
Member of: The Oaks & Horsham hawks

1st off really sorry to hear what happened to Nicky, hope she recovers quickly, please send my best wishes Bruce.

On to Treetops, my 1st visit & what a course, well worth getting up stupid O'clock to shoot. Well done to Chris C on the win & Steve, Pete & Vinny on filling the next spots, top shooting with that tricky wind.
See you all at the Worlds in a few weeks. (where I hope to have found my wheels )
In life you should not persue goals that are easily achieved, develop an instinct for what can be only just achieved through your greatest efforts.
Old 28th March 2011, 08:52 AM

Well done all at Quarry, as usual everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. the course itself seemed to leave many scratching their heads but there were some brilliant scores on the day. Was nice to see Pete smiling yesterday, hopefully it's a sign of things to come this year. Everybody at Quarry did a great job and should be very happy with the result, not just the team result either.
I'd like to thank everybody who looked after my tribe and also young Joe Downes, it's very much appreciated by us all.

Last edited by A.C.; 28th March 2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 28th March 2011, 10:13 AM
Monkey Juice

excellent course and tricky wind, loved it. Really enjoyed going round with Roy and fellow Kibby shooter Nicky, suprised to hear about her unfortunate accident ( send her my best wishes Bruce and Andrea please). The day topped off with a fantastic adventure with AA Dave, Knight of the road, thanks to gas pump giddyness from the "Diesel Kid". Still he was up early and did drive all the way there without upset.

Get Well Soon Nicky!
Old 28th March 2011, 10:39 AM
Lucky git

First ..please pass on my best wishes to Nicky and i hope we see her shooting again soon.

Many thanks to all at Treetops. What a fantastic ground and course. I've never felt more nervous when shooting the last 6 targets, and i don't think i can add anything else about the evil (lift and drop) wind. Finishing on the spiders web was definately a brown trouser moment.

Aplogies for not staying around to collect the trophy....most know the reason i had to go home early.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:11 AM
Member of: Quarry Hunters

Best Wishes to Nicky

Thanks to Phil and Andrew for the company, a cracking 54 for Andrew in the 9-13.
Thanks to the Quarry course crew , a great course that made one think.
Andrew and Amanda , wonderful hosts, and for keeping us warm with the best log fire I've seen in a long time.
Old 28th March 2011, 12:00 PM
Member of: Kibworth

Sad to hear how bad an injury that is for Nicky, hope to see her shooting again soon.

Thanks to Steph and Mark for a good days entertainment, the shooting was a bit of an afterthought with my attempt

Well done to those at the sharp end, though a couple of daft mistakes for those who travel by Volvo :P