Shooting the breeze BASC - The British Association for Shooting and Conservation  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 23rd January 2011, 10:56 PM
Default Adjustable mounts

Anybody got views on fully adjustable mounts ,are they any good.
David j
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 24th January 2011, 04:21 AM

once tightened down I dont think they will move on a PCP. wont try tham on a springer. And am refering to Sportsmatch
There are only two things infinite: The stupidity of man and the universe. And I am not sure about the latter. - AE
Old 24th January 2011, 08:01 AM

Have now used the ATP66 mounts from Sportsmatch on 4 rifles scopes being set up for FT. Once Optically zeroed adjusted the impact point of the pellets to 45yds after checking at 10yds.

Takes a little while as its only small adjustments are needed on the screw for the elevation. I actually used a small drop of screwlock on the ones that lock the moveable mount section for my own piece of mind.

My opinion is that they work well and for setting up FT scopes were moving the turret around the optical zero they are now bettered. Never tried any other make or used the windage version.
Old 24th January 2011, 01:20 PM

Using ATP66 fully adjustables on both precharge FT rifles and ATP61 height adjustables on my HW77 springer, never had any problems at all with them moving, and as Andy does, I optically center the scope then zero the rifle on the mounts just using a few clicks on the scope to fine adjust the final zero!

the ATP66 is so easy to fine adjust you can get withing quater of an inch at 30yds without touching the scope!
highly reccomended!
Old 24th January 2011, 04:27 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

used b-sqaure one piece and two piece and sportsmatch atp61's.

atp 61's are my fave by a long way, but i'd prefer any over shimming....

b-square 2 piece are ok to setup but fiddly and they don't come centred, if you ignore the need for 4 imperial allen keys... but you can change the elevation my lifting and rotating the dovetail mount on one of them with ease... the 1 piece are a ***** requiring the scope is unclamped first.

none of them have shifted on pcp or springer.

the b-squares are also mega tight on tolerance, meaning all bolts have to be perfectly square to work, even the rail clamp on the one piece needs to be parallel to bind up right, else it snags...

my only gripes with the sportmatch is that the allen bolts go rusty very quickly, that you need 4 metric allen keys... but they are simple to setup and use, about 2 secs longer than a standard set and better than shimming.

somewhere along the lines, b-square changed the post thread pitch, which is a nause because longer posts may not fit newer/older mounts...
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 29th January 2011, 05:52 PM

Hi there
Many thanks for info on scope mounts and yes i was refering to apt66s
David j