Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 21st September 2010, 07:01 AM
Goed Geschoten
Default Seems i have missed the boat on Torch's?

Hi all

So here is the thing, how come i am the only person that does not know a thing about torch's? It seems everyone else got into them and i must have been out that day?? There are LED's, cree and other one's....and i don't know a thing about them. I use the Deben tactical 700 that i got the other day and its ace, i would have said that i am sorted...but after a little delving there are loads of different sorts. So what is good and what is not in the world of Torch's then?? anybody got any ideas?

I didn't ask for these powers !
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 21st September 2010, 02:43 PM
Member of: The Oaks & Horsham hawks

I use a deben ledray gl4 on my hmr, can't fault it, really light gunmounted torch.
Also got a chinese drop in led from the bay for my stinger that I use as a torch, much brighter & won't blow when I use rechargables...
In life you should not persue goals that are easily achieved, develop an instinct for what can be only just achieved through your greatest efforts.
Old 21st September 2010, 07:56 PM

Maglite with an LED upgrade and a smart switch which allows the power to be set at 100%, 75% and 50% and also with a red LED when the torch is on standby so that you can find it if you put it down in the dark.
Though I don't use it much the battery life has been fantastic, I've still got the same set in that I put in at MAD last year when I used it when we were camping and the beam can be focused either flood or spot.....cracking bit of kit.