Shooting the breeze Dowry Hill FTC  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Polls

Polls Just exactly how many do what, where, when, with what, and why?

MAGS 13 11.71%
INTERNET 2 1.80%
FREINDS 30 27.03%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th July 2009, 04:12 PM
" Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Q:What got me interested in shooting ?

A:The Diana SP50

Still got it although its a tad sad looking ( then again so am I I used to shoot as a kid when you could go out over the farmers field carrying your guns and no one would bat an eyelid , then when I started my apprentiship many moons ago the workshop was situated in a rural setting the gaffer used to be obsessed with airguns and had the shooting rights for miles around !

More recently however as soon as my mrs was pregnant with our first nipper I quit smoking but said I wanted a hobby , I bought a gun then another .... then another ....

Shooting is without doubt the best hobby I have ever had !

>>>HRPC airgun section<<<

According to the myth, Pandora opened a container releasing all the miseries of mankindógreed, vanity, slander, envy, piningóleaving only HOPE ( + airguns ) inside.
Old 8th July 2009, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post

just goes to show how most of us look back on our younger years with fondness ahhhh the good old days
and the longer you have to look back the better they look

for me it was on the local farm with a 410 and a couple of polecats with my older brother when i was about 12 and yes i did fall over
horsham hawks

Old 8th July 2009, 07:46 PM
Little French Maid

Had a meteor and a paratrooper when i was 14, then got to play with some 7.62 in the forces. I always remembered what fun it was shooting the air rifles so got back into shooting and hft around 2004. The friends i have made while doing the hft shoots are irreplaceable as far as i am concerned, and the shooting really builds bridges and brings people together, long may it continue.

Old 9th July 2009, 06:37 AM

you would think with all this experience we would all be champion shooters by now
horsham hawks

Old 7th August 2009, 08:06 AM

My first "airgun"???? was in 1971.i had a gat!lol.not an ordinary gat,but the chrome version,i was 11 then and it cost £ loved that .i remember going round the garden looking for .177 woodlice to use as organic paintballs.never looked back really.ive had a n air pistol/rifle or some sort of gun near me ever since.
Old 8th August 2009, 12:19 AM

my god this post is still going

glad your enjoying it lads makes good reading ....... well some bits anyway lol
Old 25th April 2010, 08:00 PM

About two and a half years ago (Aged 33)" i had a dream" literally, that i owned an air rifle, quite strange as i had never owned a rifle or dreamed i had before.

So i went out the next day and bought a cp99 co2 pistol, a week later i traded it in for a rohm top and got the phone number for a local indoor range to shoot it.
There i tried some rifles and a couple of weeks later was the proud owner of a hw97k.

I haven't looked back since, shoot most weekend, social plinkin at an out door range.
Have also joined a local HFT/FT club and really like HFT, Although have not shot a comp since the Ford round of the southern hunters due to events conspiring against me.

And have recently purchased a Steyr to give FT a whirl.

Turned out to be a very expensive dream but it introduced me to lots of great people otherwise i would never have met.
Old 26th April 2010, 06:54 PM
"The Pattern"
Member of: Rochdale AGC

Being now the ripe old age of 57 in November this year.. looking back to when I was 12/13 years old and living out in the country near Halifax shooting was always a big thing..The older lads on my road all had guns so when ever one was for sale it always had a few owners I cut my teeth on a succesion of springers..Webleys.. Bsas..Dianas..and the list goes on

I joined the Army in March 71 and finally finished with HM Forces in July 96 so I shot just about every weapon there was.. from the venerable SLR 7.62mm... SA 80 5.56mm..Browning 9mm et al..after my service I needed something to keep me from going silly but didn't fancy anything "pub based" and I was talking to a lad I worked with and he did a bit of shotgunning and asked if I fancied a shoot I declined but it put the seeds of wanting to go I purchased a BSA Lightning XL what a belter that was

I resisted the temptation to go PCP for a while but my curiosity got the better of me and I purchased an AA S400k..and I never looked back!!and as they say the rest is history!!
There Is No Such Thing As Friendly Fire....It All Hurts

2...4...6...8...Tiptoe..Sneak..and Infiltrate
Old 26th April 2010, 08:43 PM

Had a passion when I was 13ish after finding a copy of AirGunner in a local shop and saw a Venom HW77 rifle as the poster for the month. Ended up with the bedroom walls covered with the posters from AirGunner and me blissfully wishing I could own one.

Dad would never let me buy one at all till I was 18. brought a BSA Mercury in .22 went to the local club on the bus (1hr journey each way) rifle in slip. Met my best friend there had a go with his rifle and was hooked line and sinker. Club closed after about a year (council member lived close by and forced it to close .

Restarted the club in 1992 as a group of friends on a farm, got into shotguns for a while but passion was always airguns. between 1994-2000 shot FT for the club and got into the regional team 3 times. Also in that time did CSFTA HFT shoot. Stopped in 2000 for 3 years due to buying house, restarted again done some UKAHFT shoots enjoyed them and if get time would like to do some more but FT is my passion, not good but just enjoy the challenge and the friends I have made over the years.
Old 27th April 2010, 05:06 PM

My dad bought me a Diana SP50 for my 5th! birthday and I was obviously heavily supervised (I couldn't cock it on my own anyway!) I think it was more a present for my dad than me, but I learned the discipline of target shooting and haven't been without an airgun since.
Steyr LG100
Anschutz 2013 MEC1 .22LR
Miroku 3800 12bore
Rodacciai .410