Shooting the breeze Best fittings sponsors UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Introductions

Introductions Say hello...

Old 3rd May 2010, 11:24 PM
Default Hello from Lisbon

Hello all,

Sorry I started posting at Steyr subforum without a proper presentation.

I am Nuno from Lisbon, Portugal, and besides having a Weirauch 97KT (I am left handed, sic) I bought 2 months ago a second hand Steyr LG 110 FT take down, and I am really impressed with its accuracy.

Down here there are a few clubs, mine is

FT and HFT are being practiced according to English rules, I mean you invented the sport right...

We have one of the nicest weather in all of Europe (meaning avg temp, hot and sun, great surfing beaches and bikinis lol). Next year we will be starting the international class PCP (up to 12 ft/lbs) and you are all welcome to come down here and try it out, will be very happy to entertain.

You will also be able to taste some of the world´s best red and white wines, and no, there is no ash cloud on our skies lol (sorry, couldn´t resist)

On a sidenote, got used to it, but sidewheel focus is a PIA for left handers like me... has anyone ever came across a right side focus sidewheel ? for christ sakes, its the same but opposite mechanism, how hard can it be on the brands to offer an option...

greetings all

Steyr LG110 FT + nikko nighteater 6-24x56 (soon to be upg.)
Weirauch 97KT + hawke endurance 3,5-10x50
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 4th May 2010, 05:41 AM
Lucky git

Welcome Nuno.....Portugal is a beautiful country and i have visisted Lisbon 9 times whilst in the Royal Navy.

I would love to fly there for a shoot if i can get the time off work:-))
Old 4th May 2010, 08:01 AM
Goed Geschoten

HI there

I spend a bit of time in Vale Do Lobo as my Dad lives there, i wonder if there are any clubs around there at all?? next time i am there which is in a couple of weeks i will have a look and see what is about. I hear there was one in Faro..not sure if that's correct or not?

If you sort a comp out some time i will defo come over then i can fly from there to my Dad's

Anyway, welcome aboard buddy

I didn't ask for these powers !

Last edited by LAity; 4th May 2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 4th May 2010, 08:20 AM
Getting dusty

Hi Nuni, welcome aboard. We need more shoots to go to in warmer climates!
Old 4th May 2010, 06:30 PM

Hi there guys

thks for the warm welcome,

I see lots of you guys have Steyr´s, which is great for me as I have one also.

Yes well down there in algarve you have the the futebol clube de ferreiras which have a sparse few people practicing, but most of the action happens at about 50km north from lisbon in clube de tiro vale das pedras (shooting club vale das pedras) which has some dozen square miles just for shooting related activities at countryside, and that´s where the nationals will be held next june the 27th (national series photos, etc in

We held an open comp in 13th and 14th March in Beja on an amazing range line, unfort only portuguese and spanish, no british. Lots of Steyr, AA400, Daystates and yes one of our guys has an USFT

here´s me zeroing in

and my girl aiming for 25 meter/25mm. killzone on an old tx200 macari tuned

and kneeling in range for 50 meter/40mm killzone

and here´s the lot

So you see some nice girls around! lololol

Anyway I remind you there will be an open comp being held at Basc country in Spain in July the 3th and 4th including international PCP <12 ft/lbs, not only spanish and portuguese but also some english fokes will be going. Although vastly outnumbered we´ll be defending our flags lol

For the lot of you interested or wishing to attend, here´s the link, although in spanish but prob most of it you can google translate it;

best rgds
Steyr LG110 FT + nikko nighteater 6-24x56 (soon to be upg.)
Weirauch 97KT + hawke endurance 3,5-10x50

Last edited by ninogui; 4th May 2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:00 PM

welcome on board mate