Shooting the breeze BASC Sponsor the BFTA  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 8th March 2009, 09:23 PM
Default MFTA Masters and Clubs Cup

MFTA Masters and Clubs Cup

Subtle wind today combined with settled weather would have made todays shoot easy, pity the weather wasn't playing ball!
Gem of a course and evil weather with scores reflecting the conditions.

Well done to all the winners, John's 33 was an excellent score on the day. If the Millride lads could keep that clubs cup trophy nice and shiny for the Dowry team next year..........

Photos on the following link

MFTA Masters

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 8th March 2009, 09:39 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Nice shots. What no shooting jacket? Like the AA gear... suppose the Walther Team will have to go off and find something fashionable now!

Looks like Jon has something to keep the sweets in now
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 8th March 2009, 10:08 PM
I Like BIG Hats!
Member of: Far Coley FTC

Cracking set of photos James and as for the course, was a cracking course, a test made even more so by the strong changable gusts! Well done Purley Chase for putting up a perler, well done everyone who shot it, any kind of result in them conditions was a credit and anyway it wouldnt be an event without the shooters and last (but not least) a big thank you to the lass in the burger van. Know you was cold too but after shooting the course your food and teas where more than welcome!

AirArms RN10/EV2 Stock-2007 Big nikko FT Kit
AirArms NJR100 Hawke Airmax SR6 HFT/SFT Kit
Feinwerkbau 600 10 metre
HW77K-zeiler 6-24x44 Work in progress
Webley Vulcan .22 Lovely old relic
Old 9th March 2009, 06:24 AM
Default MFTA Winter League and Clubs Cup

May i just say i have thurughly enjoyed every minute of this years winter league as it has been my first. Thankyou too all the clubs who have put excellent courses out week in week out and a big thanks to Tony Cook also thankyou too everyone for there company and encouragement.
Brilliant Pics aswel James.
EV2 + Leup 45 Ladder Ret
Old 9th March 2009, 10:58 AM
WFTF World Champion 2012
Member of: Castle

Well done to Johnny Harris for his win in the Masters. And thanks to everyone involved for setting up the course at Purley.
Old 9th March 2009, 04:22 PM

Well done Jon , nice trophy too
Old 9th March 2009, 08:24 PM

Rob, Chris L kindly took the photos of Val and myself when we were shooting off for 5th place. We had to go and get our kit out again and I didn't want to mess about swapping coats again, I'd just got that one warm!

As for fashion.........not me, that is Air Arms 2005 vintage and resides in the boot of my car if I need to change a wheel!

Very observant though Rob, but did you spot the missing valve cover?

What Jon might not realise is that I'm sending him the goldfish that lived in that trohpy last year whilst at my house.

Old 9th March 2009, 08:25 PM

Sorry, forgetting myself. Thanks for the complements re the photos!
Old 9th March 2009, 08:32 PM

I'd like to add my congratulations to both Jon Harris & Millride A, well done lads.
I think we all very much appreciated the efforts of the Purley crew for that Course, a real enthusiasts Course, lots of inclines & declines to push our abilities.
I went nine targets before I knocked one over, almost achieved a quack on the top line of the score card! I then shot the wrong target through that bush & pulled the close kneeler.
But how much wind did you have to give on those two high crows? I put my post on the KZ of the furthest one & hit tree, I then pushed my post through the KZ of the closer one but only got plate, amazing!
Cheers to all at Purley for a very entertaining day, always a pleasure to shoot there & we know now where to get the good ale as well for the apréz shoot.
Appologies to Phil & Dave for cocking the cards up, I really shouldn't be allowed to be incharge of a pen sometimes!

Old 9th March 2009, 09:21 PM

Firstly a thank you to Purley and the MFTA.

Also thanks to every one else on here and off, it was the sort of conditions i like and would have been a different headline otherwise.

Didnt recognise myself James, nice piccies as usual........ you can keep your goldfish.
Noticed dust cap missing.
Mrs has spent the winnings already.

Balti the longer second shot needed around 3 1/4 kills of wind, 2 kills not enough on the first shorter target.