13th April 2010, 12:39 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Location: Poole, Dorset
New act now law...
46 Offence of allowing minors access to air weapons
(1) The Firearms Act 1968 is amended as follows.
(2) After section 24 there is inserted—
“24ZAFailing to prevent minors from having air weapons
(1) It is an offence for a person in possession of an air weapon to fail to take
reasonable precautions to prevent any person under the age of eighteen
from having the weapon with him.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply where by virtue of section 23 of this Act
the person under the age of eighteen is not prohibited from having the
weapon with him.
(3) In proceedings for an offence under subsection (1) it is a defence to
show that the person charged with the offence—
(a) believed the other person to be aged eighteen or over; and
(b) had reasonable ground for that belief.
(4) For the purposes of this section a person shall be taken to have shown
the matters specified in subsection (3) if—
(a) sufficient evidence of those matters is adduced to raise an issue
with respect to them; and
(b) the contrary is not proved beyond a reasonable doubt.”
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep