Shooting the breeze Rivers West, Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > WHFTA Official forum

WHFTA Official forum World Hunter Field Target Association

Old 7th April 2010, 06:26 AM
Two Tins

Loved it.

reminded me of all those Monday mornings and Friday nights looking at the entrance to that bloody
tunnel I did manage to shoot the target through the right tube as well

The effort that went into the target placement was clear for all to see who took part.

More power to your elbow mate, would have been nice to see the Gatso flash for an overpowered
rifle though

Once again mate, apologies for not being available for bringing in the targets. Next time for sure.

Old 7th April 2010, 10:05 AM

I thought they were fun and appreciated the obvious effort that went into them.

Well done and thank you.

Last edited by skires; 7th April 2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:24 AM
Bernies MY *****

I thought the M25 part was Brilliant You could tell a lot of time and effort went into it and the rest of the course, a truely excellent weekend. Well done to all
AA EV2 Mk2/Hawke Panorama half mildotEmleyMoor FTC
Old 7th April 2010, 02:37 PM

Amazing even if I do say so myself

managed to floor the gatso rat, very satisfying
the lakeside bound tunnel rat got away
MAD's best Engineer

LRK Super smooth cocking arm roller technologies

Precision Pneumatics ultraglide action

Headache Muzzle Brake

BANNED for It !
Old 12th April 2010, 01:44 PM
Lucky git

Well done to all the course setters...i for one appreciate the hard work that goes into setting a course.

I have been thinking about the theme thing to try and make the lake course more about each participating club brings along a target relevent to thier particular club.

For example the lads and lasses at Quarry would make some sort of dragon (or sheep) target. Emley moor already have a large tower get the idea. Would make it a damn sight easier for the lads setting the course out and would highlight the clubs that put in the effort year by year in the UKAHFT rounds.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:54 PM

Without wanting to sound like a wet weekend I've always been more of a fan of strategically placed targets which make use of nothing more of terrain and surroundings rather than unnatural themes.
I'm up for a bit of fun but would like to think of HFT as a serious target sport....would you expect to see a crazy golf course at the FT worlds in South Africa ?....I don't think so.
MAD last year was a perfect example of how a course can be made difficult with no tricks of gimmicks.
This year the Midlands hunters had some cracking courses and some in both woodland and open fields yet no cardboard cut outs were used in any if these.
Just my take on it guys but I would like to see it left natural.
If ever I have set a gimmick target it has been the choice of the main course setter and not mine but if the surrounding are very boring and there is nothing to use then I would rather shoot through a hole in a built natural stone wall or even a cage than see a bog seat in my scope then have to flush the chain to reset the target....very cheesy yuck!!!!!
Remember guys that at these events forign shooters come miles, many for the first time to shoot HFT and return home to shoot serious FT competition....hopefully not telling the fellow country men that British HFT is not really a serious sport because the targets are nothing but a bit of a laugh.

Last edited by D Martin; 15th April 2010 at 11:12 PM.