Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 15th October 2016, 07:38 AM
Member of: Greyhound/ Purley Chase

Originally Posted by ShaggerShaw View Post
You've just said tx200 last but then say it's the one for you?
What makes the txt your choice over other two?
Build quality, and tuning potential. In my opinion once tuned, they are the best of the bunch.
Old 16th October 2016, 01:43 PM

Tx200 are very good rifles once tuned and i ear youre abit of a legend when it comes tunning guns.
Old 16th October 2016, 07:16 PM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

Best VFM springer is undoubtedly the LGU or LGV, whether you prefer BB or UL. They're seriously capable out of the box and TBH for 99% of people tuning them will make very little difference to feel, shot cycle or accuracy. I have one of each.

If you like break barrels check out the LGV Master Pro. It's gorgeous:

Old 16th October 2016, 07:30 PM

I'd go for the TX200 over the HW97 every day of the week, with some modifications you can get the most easily shootable and least hold sensitive springers you can get, and the quality of the AA (metalwork at least) fit and finish is way beyond HW's offerings.

The fixed barrel helps over non fixed with respect to the Walther break barrel offerings, a couple of the Walther barrel lock ups I've seen have been less than 'precise' so accuracy goes to pot. Not ideal.
Old 18th October 2016, 11:46 AM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

The OP asked for advice on the best value for money springer, not necessarily the best regardless of cost. The Walther LG* are generally recognised to be sweeter and less hold sensitive than the equivalent HW or AA offerings without tuning. The mk3 TX in particular is recognised to be particularly hold sensitive out of the box hence the demand for mk.2 internals.

I've shot a lot of tuned springers over the years and I have to say my LGU with zero fettling is probably the least hold sensitive of the lot.

Every manufacturer can have a Friday afternoon gun, and in the interest of balance I've seen a couple of shockers that came out of AA. All I know is my LGU and LGV are both spot on and the barrel lockup on my LGV is rock solid, not a hint of play.