Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12th October 2016, 06:18 PM
maddog's Avatar
maddog maddog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Member of: Emley f t c
Location: wakefield
Posts: 1,298
Default S200 mk3

I'm building myself a Hft gun bast on the air arms s200 I've just got a huma Reg from xtx , and I'm getting 66 good shots , I'm looking in to having warren Edwards make me a laminate stock with his fittings ? I would like to know would it be ok to float the barrel or do I need to keep the barrel band.
__________________
zenith p800 March 60
8002 in GP stock leupold comp x40
2016 GP A grade winner
Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

  #2  
Old 12th October 2016, 06:43 PM
Martz's Avatar
Martz Martz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member of: Redfearn FTC
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I'm building myself a Hft gun bast on the air arms s200 I've just got a huma Reg from xtx , and I'm getting 66 good shots , I'm looking in to having warren Edwards make me a laminate stock with his fittings ? I would like to know would it be ok to float the barrel or do I need to keep the barrel band.
Yeah the MK1 CZ / S200 had no support so no problem floating. My green one has the barrel band sanded out so it doesnt touch the barrel at all, I kept it supporting the cylinder just for peace of mind, but it's not needed.

Martin.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12th October 2016, 06:50 PM
maddog's Avatar
maddog maddog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Member of: Emley f t c
Location: wakefield
Posts: 1,298
Default S200

Thanks Martin , it was your gun that gave me the idea.
__________________
zenith p800 March 60
8002 in GP stock leupold comp x40
2016 GP A grade winner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12th October 2016, 06:54 PM
Martz's Avatar
Martz Martz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member of: Redfearn FTC
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 245
Default

Ooo, you will need something to tension the trigger mech if you're ditching the trigger guard (screw B)



I bet you could just chop the trigger guard and keep the bit you need.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12th October 2016, 06:57 PM
Martz's Avatar
Martz Martz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member of: Redfearn FTC
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Thanks Martin , it was your gun that gave me the idea.
Cheers, it's a belter for the money, even after all the extra bits.

https://goo.gl/photos/2qAD4EZwBwZnfwqe7
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12th October 2016, 07:03 PM
subaru swift's Avatar
subaru swift subaru swift is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member of: Furnace mill & day member at others
Location: stoke on trent & bromsgrove
Posts: 364
Default

As said sand or just use a dremel to make the fig8 a tad wider for the barrel to free float. I have done this on my step kids cz200s.
cracking rifles these are, & if my money would allow I would get one for me

Martz that green version of your rules ! job well done there.
__________________
My rifles are =
PCP: Steyr lg110 hft 2014, HW100 SK ( back up & rainy day rifle )
Springer's: HW77 ( 1980's version ), HW35 KLS.

Last edited by subaru swift; 12th October 2016 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12th October 2016, 08:20 PM
Tench's Avatar
Tench Tench is offline
WHFTA World Champion 2016.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: derby
Posts: 1,497
Default

There are a few things you can do to make the S200 a bit more stable. With the cylinder tight measure the gap between its end face and the block, then find a shim to go in there, this will make the tube/block assembly much more rigid allowing you to do away with the barrel band completely.
Also make sure the flats on the cocking peg in the side of the cocking bolt are horizontal. If they are not this can put a burr on the back of the cocking arm as the bolt is lifted up and locked down causing it to stay back occasionally which causes a low power shot as it will rob energy from the hammer. Well worth doing as you can bet if it ever does it it will be on your best round ever!
And bin the plastic trigger, the Rowan one adds greatly to the predictability of the release, but the trigger sears will need work to get anything approaching a good trigger!

I have been working on one with my brother over the last couple of years, his is really quite good now!

Your shot count could maybe be improved a little too, how much preload do you have on the valve spring?

__________________
HFT, for people with only 2 buttucks!

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12th October 2016, 08:36 PM
ianh1966 ianh1966 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shirland, Derbyshire
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tench View Post
There are a few things you can do to make the S200 a bit more stable. With the cylinder tight measure the gap between its end face and the block, then find a shim to go in there, this will make the tube/block assembly much more rigid allowing you to do away with the barrel band completely.
Also make sure the flats on the cocking peg in the side of the cocking bolt are horizontal. If they are not this can put a burr on the back of the cocking arm as the bolt is lifted up and locked down causing it to stay back occasionally which causes a low power shot as it will rob energy from the hammer. Well worth doing as you can bet if it ever does it it will be on your best round ever!
And bin the plastic trigger, the Rowan one adds greatly to the predictability of the release, but the trigger sears will need work to get anything approaching a good trigger!

I have been working on one with my brother over the last couple of years, his is really quite good now!

Your shot count could maybe be improved a little too, how much preload do you have on the valve spring?

Whoo, don't tell em everything, I have the best HFT S200!
__________________
If you can't fix it with a big hammer, your hammer aint big enough....

Air Arms S200 Tench Reg, Tilly's Custom Stock, MTC 3-12x24
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12th October 2016, 08:38 PM
maddog's Avatar
maddog maddog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Member of: Emley f t c
Location: wakefield
Posts: 1,298
Default S200

I set power around 790 and then turned it down on side,was that ok.
__________________
zenith p800 March 60
8002 in GP stock leupold comp x40
2016 GP A grade winner
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12th October 2016, 08:59 PM
Tench's Avatar
Tench Tench is offline
WHFTA World Champion 2016.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: derby
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianh1966 View Post
Whoo, don't tell em everything, I have the best HFT S200!
That you do youth! And I sure no one will better it!
__________________
HFT, for people with only 2 buttucks!

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
shooting-the-breeze.com Skin design and concept by Attitude