Shooting the breeze Rivers West, Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 7th October 2016, 07:33 PM
Bob Evans

Member of: ByleyFTC
Default movement in parrallax wheel

hi all, I,m looking for a bit of advice from the experts please,

I,ve been using the big nikko mk3 which I bought new in feb 2016, I have just noticed that their is movement in the parallax wheel, basically when I am focusing I can move the wheel slightly from top to bottom, is there a way this can be tightened so there is no movement , I have looked at the rowan wheel and it is tight so it looks like it might be what the rowan wheel is clamped to that has got the movement,
its never been banged or dropped and is still parrallaxing fine but it just has this slight top to bottom movement,

any help would be appreciated, my other nikko has no movement at all and is set up exactly the same

cheers Bob
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 7th October 2016, 08:01 PM

From what I can workout they are mostly like this, ever such slight movement with the std wheels on and a bit more with a larger wheel on.

Im no expert, but Can't see there's any way around it, may be able to get a different o ring to make it firmer, but that will make the movement of the wheel a little stiffer.
Old 7th October 2016, 08:27 PM
Bob Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel View Post
From what I can workout they are mostly like this, ever such slight movement with the std wheels on and a bit more with a larger wheel on.

Im no expert, but Can't see there's any way around it, may be able to get a different o ring to make it firmer, but that will make the movement of the wheel a little stiffer.
thanks for the reply,, its pretty strange as my other mk3 nikko does not have as much movement, its not affecting the rangefinding but it is annoying, I was just wondering if it could be tightened in anyway to take the slack up
Old 13th October 2016, 09:03 PM
Bob Evans

Default update

well I spoke to the place I bought my nikko from today and they have told me to return it and they will have a look,

I took my large rowan sidewheel off and when the parallax was set to 10 yrds there was no movement at all , it was only when I adjusted it to 30yrds that the play started in the wheel. at 55yrds the wheel would move around 6-8mm top to bottom which was annoying to say the least, with the standard wheel on it was not as bad but once the rowan was fitted it just magnified the problem with it being a larger wheel (180mm)

anyways the good news is its been boxed up and posted so just need to wait and see what the results are now but the company I bought it from have been excellent so heres hoping for a good end result

cheers Bob

ps, my other nikko has showed no signs of this problem
Old 13th October 2016, 10:18 PM

Will be interesting to see what they say then..

We have 2 mk3s and one has little to no play on a 125 wheel, the other a little play on a 150 wheel, certainly not the amount you have mentioned.
However with the std wheels back on there's nothing really on either.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:39 AM
Bob Evans

have to agree , with the standard wheel on it is noticeable but not as bad as with the large wheel on, its certainly annoying that's for sure, it was not making any difference to rangefinding but I felt as though if I left it how it was then it would probably get worse which is the reason for me sending it back

just hoping it gets sorted so will let you know the outcome
Old 28th October 2016, 10:01 AM
Bob Evans

update,

well chaps, took my scope of the spare ftp and decided to send it back on the 16th oct, they asked me to enclose any receipts and everything that came with it,

i boxed it up sent it back to them at a cost of 11 tracked, well last night i received a txt telling me my scope would be getting delivered this morning between 9.05am and 10.05am,

9am came and a van pull,s up outside and guess what, they have replaced my scope with a brand new one, it just said on the letter enclosed "scope replaced "

how happy am i and what a cracking turnaround from OPTICS WAREHOUSE, no quibbles , nothing,

a truelly excellent service and one very happy customer

atb Bob