Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 6th October 2016, 01:32 PM
A grade and staying there
Member of: Tondu. Harriers, Avon Hawks. Oaktree.

Try before you buy is bets bet, I have seem poor and good quality Nikko, but I have also seen poor and good Quality March!

If your not sure, ask someone experienced to help Face to face, its the safest way to buy. Plus to really check a scope it needs to be on a gun.
BFTA Grading Question to

Updated Bfta % by region and grade,44.0.html

[B] [SIZE="3"]Photos on BFTA Fbook page, tall and short !!
Old 6th October 2016, 02:53 PM

You seem to like the Nikko. Are you considering an early one or a MK3 with the covered turrets? Some prefer the early scopes due to their shorter eye relief. Both can do the job. I've looked through loads and I'm not sure their are too many bad ones but do check! If possible try to get an experienced shooter to have a look as even a bad Nikko will probably look fairly good in isolation to the inexperienced.

Although Nikkos are not super expensive (very far from cheap though) lots of expert shooters use them though choice rather than economic necessity. If you are comfortable with the weight then they are very effective and stable rangefinders and the optics are good enough to do the job.

If you get one SH and look after it you will more-or-less get your money back if you decide to sell, there's always a buyer for a decent Nikko which, to a certain extent, speaks for itself.

As much as anything there are no tricks or quirks with Nikkos. There is little to learn.
Old 6th October 2016, 05:23 PM

Two big Nikko's just went up for sale over on the BBS, maybe worth a look.
Old 8th October 2016, 07:36 PM
Member of: noftc

chris as you have mentioned the big niko there are quite a few being used by other club members of noftc just ask the question on sunday and iam sure you will get more than enough replys and advice to keep you going on your quest for the best sight for your ev2