Shooting the breeze Best fittings sponsors UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Introductions

Introductions Say hello...

Old 27th September 2016, 11:11 AM
Member of: millride field target club
Default Hello from Wolverhampton

Hi all, I'm John and a 100% newbie.
I've joined the Millride FTC in Wolverhampton for advice and tips from it's members. Although most of the advice went over my head, every member said join shoot the breeze, so here i am.
I'm looking to take FT seriously and have fun along the way. Ive ordered a Air Arms FTP900 and waiting like a little kid at christmas to pick it up.
Until then i've got alot of reading to do on the forums, and will be asking questions of the members here for advice if i can't find it already posted on the forums.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 27th September 2016, 04:11 PM
Member of: Cromer ARC

Welcome to the forum John!

Your in the right place, tons of good airgun info on here to be soaked up

The FTP certainly won't be a bad starting point for FT, take it to Millride and have fun using it, theres a lot of great shooters there and politely asking they'll help you get the hang of things. A few mods to consider on the FTP such as barrel float/shroud, haven't seen many bog standard but perhaps down to individual choice and shootability
Old 27th September 2016, 05:13 PM

Thank You.
Went down to Millride to get some advice on rifles to buy, and to have a look around.
They made me feel so welcomed i've become a member. The advice was to go for a AA Pro Target or a EV2, but being a left hander i was finding it hard to find 1, so i went for the FTP. I'm looking forward to friday when i pick the gun up and saturday to shooting it.
Old 27th September 2016, 06:38 PM
Member of: Millride
Default Welcome Doggy1

Hi John
Welcome to the Breeze and Millride.
Darren and I are members and although we don't often get to go on the Saturday shoots I'm sure you'll meet us one of the days!
If you want an extra shoot on a Sunday you could visit Rough Wedge, Cannock 9 to 1pm. Not so windy so it's nice to hit more targets than Millride.
We're addicted to FT too.
See you round

Emma and Darren
Shiny Blue EV2 Mk2, Falcon T50 10-5060
John Bowkett BSA Goldstar SE RNRR, Bowkett Carbon Shroud/moderator/air stripper, Aluminium scope riser made by Shawn, Polished trugger guard snd am soon to fit cheek piece risers. Hawke Airmax 30 AMX 8-3250
Old 27th September 2016, 07:20 PM
Reformed Bandit
Member of: Millride FTC

Welcome John, enjoy the FTP and Millride. I have to agree with Emma that rough wedge is a good place to cut your teeth so to speak. What scope are you putting on the FTP? I would also recommend that you try JSB 4.53 which seem to suit most FTPs
When I was 5 I wanted to be like George Best
At 10 I wanted to be Nigel Mansell
At 40 I wanted to be like Tiger Woods
At 50 I want to be like Gilly
Just shows how life can kick you in the nads
Old 28th September 2016, 09:19 PM

Hi Emma and Darron
I will definitely try to get down to Rough Wedge in the next few months, and meet you soon.
I've got a Hawke Eclipse 4-16x50 AO IR Mil Dot scope included in a combo with the ftp Darron. I will be looking to upgrade the scope when funds are available, as a member from Millride said "the scope is the most important piece". I have heared that the JSB 4.53 are a good suit too, so will be getting some soon.

Look forward to meeting you both soon.