Shooting the breeze BASC - The British Association for Shooting and Conservation  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 14th September 2016, 09:28 AM
Default Anschutz 8002 12flb

Hi guys.

I was thinking I do fancey myself a anschutz but I don't know much about them and I know most of them you have to get them converted to 12flb. I would much appreciated if I can have some information from the anschutz owners please.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 14th September 2016, 10:52 AM
Default 8002

ask tench on here , he does what you want
Old 14th September 2016, 11:51 AM

I am the same as you gunnit I also would . Like to know more about this rifle. Also living in Scotland were there is a shortage on the air gun guru side of things.
Questions which is the best supplier to get one.
Who converts them to 12ft pounds.
I would like barrel free floated and quick fill system and would be used for HFT.
Are they pellet fussy I have a pellet fussy steyr at moment.
Also what other modifications needed to make it bomb proof because of upping the power i.e. stabilizer mods etc. I would like to have it bomb proof because I am not the most technical talented guys lol.
Also what are they like to shoot in general ie lock time is it dead etc.
Cheers David
Old 14th September 2016, 01:12 PM
WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I took a liking to the 8002 S2 last year after seeing Jennie Stones rifle. I ordered one up and converted it to 12ft/lb, shot it through the Daystate winter series last year and finished 2nd behind James Mc. Then won the Worlds with it. Theresa Reed is now using it in the ladies UKAHFT.
I also converted some for other people, Steve Edmondson who's scores have come on in leaps and bounds and also John Ferrier, who is about the win the Lincs series with his! (sorry Mark) :-)

These were all the Black Air version of the 8002 S2. It is in my opinion one of if not the best action available but does require machining work to get it up to 12ft/lb.

Oh and Richard woods has just won the HFT Euro's with his and is odds on favourite to take the UK title too! Not one of my conversions though.

It is a stabilised action, very dead to shoot, with a very adjustable fantastic trigger with a light hammer and valve, the hammer and reg is adjustable between shots with no dismantling of the action allowing for superb setting up. It is a beautifully designed and well made action. With maybe the exception of the stabiliser release sear but insulating it with a tape cushion prevents any failures. Quick fill retaining the gauge is available too.

Not many of these rifles about yet but I can see that changing over coming years! I might even build myself another in .22! There isn't another rifle at any price I would choose for myself over one of these, except maybe the later versions of the same action, 9015 One etc!
HFT, for people with only 2 buttucks!

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.
Old 14th September 2016, 04:52 PM

You wont get a better rifle for the money,

Mine's not pellet fussy at all ,the barrel don't require frequent cleaning which is great meaning it wont "go off" during a comp

Don't suffer issues with temp change's either or zero shift ,my barrel isn't fully floating and hasn't caused any issues so im leaving it alone

it's had a lot if use in all weather's and never let me down so id say it's Bomb proof

backed up by a great aftersales service(Tench) but never had to send it back yet

BSA GOLDSTAR SE 177-vortex viper pst
HW97K .177
Old 14th September 2016, 06:18 PM

Great rifle but I had loads of temp shift issues with mine,took me an age to finally sort it out.Mine was originally done be Dave Welham.2 piece block not my favourite action.
Old 14th September 2016, 07:32 PM

How much do they go for used? are most of barrels from a 10m gun or do you need to change the barrels?
Old 14th September 2016, 08:28 PM
Member of: M.A.D

I am currently trying a walther barrel as the original barrel was not up to scratch. I believe Steve Edmonson is sporting a bsa barrel on his
Jen x

Old 14th September 2016, 09:17 PM

Theyve been around for close on 12 years 2004, my 9003 was the 2nd in world to be done Sept 2005 having used it for 8 1/2 years rain, sleet or shine, sold 2 1/2 years ago. Quite well built, heavy action but will suffer zero shift if not sorted and theres 7 areas that will create it!
Many ways of getting sub 12ft/lb only one way is bombproof and stood test of time since 1998 requiring no stabilisor mods or repairs and theres rooks out there.
Old 15th September 2016, 07:57 AM

What did you upgrade to Jon?