Shooting the breeze Air Arms, World Class Air Rifles sponsors the British Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 11th September 2016, 03:48 PM

Member of: Pontefract
Talking Anston last HFT of the season.

Just like to congratulate the lads at Anston on a very interesting course, some nasty potential doughnut shots set up to catch people out (my first one in two years) a 20mm kill in-between two branches 20mm apart and I believe I wasn't the only one to fall foul of it.
Thanks to Bob (top shot of 57) and Dave for the company.
But most of all thanks to Trev for my trophy even though he couldn't manage a smile when he gave it to me (better luck next year Trev) !!!

Steve
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11th September 2016, 04:41 PM
I'm a silly sausage...

Default Another day....another season

So the end of another days shooting and the end of N.E.F.T.A hunter 2016....

A very well deserved win for Lee Stevens of P.A.R.C (Pontefract) in stand kneel and a magnificent overall victory for Jamie Jackson (Emley) open,,,consistent shooting wins the day
Some club or other took the win, with watsitsname club taking second, so congratulations for Pontefract taking third place! Which took some doing, do you know we managed to go from ONE POINT in it for first, right down to third practically overnight!!! The biggest treat for me personally was Simon Battye (Pontefract) taking a solid second in recoiling..WELL DONE SIMON...and my god did you see him for his photo? A sceptical man may think he'd practised that gurning in front of the mirror this morning!
I won .22, but it was close, that Tom O'Brien nipping at my heals, with Tom O'Brien in third as well..so I only just won it this year!! ( How long are you lot going to watch me taking all sorts of 'wins' and trophys and such before one of you decides to pick up a .22 and put me in my place? )
Can anybody tell me, was it the 10th anniversary of 'Hunter this year? Is this a landmark year for NEFTA HFT....it would be nice to see photo's from then to compare to now, and to see how many old hands are still bonefide HFT ers!!! Another great year anyway, thanks to all the clubs and the wood dwellers who make it happen, my favourite N.E.F.T.A HFT shoot this year..I dunno, what do you lot think?

ps I think Dean C may have won a cup for something or other, probably not a first place knowing him......

Last edited by cocksure; 11th September 2016 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Simon Battye..must get my Pontefracts right.
Old 11th September 2016, 05:05 PM
Glenn

Member of: PARC

Cheers to Anston and its wood rats for putting on the shoot today. Well laid out as usual. Easy to be caught out. Bet Coops had something to do with it. Glade I decided to shoot first session. The wind certainly picked up in the second. Would have ruined my pb that I got. Just from walking round on the second session you could hear the harmonious ringing of dink a dink. Oh b*!!#cks.....,. Well done to all the winners. Hard luck Trevor, very close. Bowers got you. Only just though Flower.
Old 11th September 2016, 07:18 PM

Default HFT kneeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bow View Post
Cheers to Anston and its wood rats for putting on the shoot today. Well laid out as usual. Easy to be caught out. Bet Coops had something to do with it. Glade I decided to shoot first session. The wind certainly picked up in the second. Would have ruined my pb that I got. Just from walking round on the second session you could hear the harmonious ringing of dink a dink. Oh b*!!#cks.....,. Well done to all the winners. Hard luck Trevor, very close. Bowers got you. Only just though Flower.
How'd you mean (only just ) this is the second time in two years and I try to keep it close to make it interesting for Trev to make him think he has a chance!

Well done to Lee and Jamie well deserved to both.

See you next year Trev !

Steve

Last edited by Steve Bowers; 11th September 2016 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11th September 2016, 08:09 PM
Steyr Convert

Member of: Emley Moor FTC

Thanks to Anston for a cracking course today to finish the series............Well done to all the winners including Steve and Tom.

But a special well done to Jamie Jackson on his deserved win.

Great series once again that went down to the last shoot with all the top ten shooters in the open class wondering where we were going to finish as it was very close, Jamie had first sewn up early on of course.
I was pleased in the end to get the 3rd place BEHIND my team mate Chris Cundey (AGAIN), and only 3 point behind him which I think was the same as last year.

I have an idea...............now I think I have a .22 barrel somewhere...
Old 11th September 2016, 09:12 PM
Dan Smith

Member of: Emley Moor FTC

Can we have a left handed / bsa / over 14stone / Pisces class next year?
Old 12th September 2016, 07:08 AM
Lucky git

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
Thanks to Anston for a cracking course today to finish the series............Well done to all the winners including Steve and Tom.

But a special well done to Jamie Jackson on his deserved win.

Great series once again that went down to the last shoot with all the top ten shooters in the open class wondering where we were going to finish as it was very close, Jamie had first sewn up early on of course.
I was pleased in the end to get the 3rd place BEHIND my team mate Chris Cundey (AGAIN), and only 3 point behind him which I think was the same as last year.

I have an idea...............now I think I have a .22 barrel somewhere...
Yep, that was a very good course from Anston and nice to see an Emley 1,2,3 at the top.
Old 12th September 2016, 09:33 AM

Member of: Redfearn FTC

I've not shot that many NEFTA Hunter events this year, but yesterday was a great reminder what makes them so much fun.

I had the pleasure of shooting round with someone attending their first competition (And John Harper, a fun round!). It's fantastic to see people starting to trickle in from Doncaster Airgun Range, and give competition shooting a go.

It's easy to forget what it's like to be a newbie, and I think events like the NEFTA Hunter's are about as beginner friendly as you'll get.

Big thanks to Anston for Sunday, and the rest of the NEFTA clubs who hosted a round this year.

Martin.
Old 12th September 2016, 11:00 AM
I'm a silly sausage...

Default Question....

Why do I think this year is the tenth anniversary of N.E.F.T.A. Hunter, have I just made this up in my own head? Do I go and get ' 10 YEARS' engraved on my cup or what?.........
Old 12th September 2016, 01:04 PM
Lucky git

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksure View Post
Why do I think this year is the tenth anniversary of N.E.F.T.A. Hunter, have I just made this up in my own head? Do I go and get ' 10 YEARS' engraved on my cup or what?.........
Tom...on the NEFTA site the scores start from 2009.