Shooting the breeze The BSB Butt Pad  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 11th September 2016, 01:52 PM

Default New Daystate FT Rifle

Just seen it on DOC site "what do you think

phil
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11th September 2016, 01:58 PM
almost AA

Member of: York FTC

not sure on it myself and does not look like the barrel can be floated too well imo
spec copied from daystate

The Tsar continues Daystates rich legacy of match-winning Field Target rifle - for shooters who compete at the highest national and international levels.

Some sports demand an uncompromising approach for success. The new Tsar has been designed and built without compromise to perform in the high standards required on today's outdoor target competition circuit - a sport where less than the width of a pellet at 50 metres can make the difference between bringing home the silverware - or not.

Regulated for optimal 12-foot pound performance and shot to shot consistency, the Tsar has been developed to be a trophy winner from the start.
The Tsar features include:

Trigger unit using a 5 level adjustable multi sear system incorporating a multi adjustable trigger blade
High Precision match grade stainless steel Lowther Walther barrel
The Tsars advance stock constructed in a blue laminate is fitted with an adjustable cheek piece, adjustable atomically shaped grip and a long forend rail. Unique to the Tsar is a specially designed multi-positional butt pad is included for maximum control
The Tsars advanced action is backed up by the stock that is every bit as state of the art. Made from special blue finished laminate, used to eliminate stress been transferred to the metal work it cradles, the thumbhole stock is crafted for both form and function in mind. It's ergonomic shape and array of multi adjustable features bring every conceivable benefit to the Tsar shooter, whether faced with a sitting, prone, kneeling or standing shot
Quick adjustments to the cheekpiece and forend can be made on the fly. While a more tailored gun can be achieved by way of precise adjustments to the cheekpiece, butt pad and palm rest. An accessory rail under the forend also allows further fitting for a totally bespoke setup and maximum control
A single unit construction breech, utilises a side lever cocking operation.
The rifle is fitted with a dry fire facility to allow the practice of trigger control without actually shooting a pellet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daystate.jpg (121.5 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg TSAR-Action-600.jpg (33.6 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg TSAR-LH-600-2.jpg (15.0 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by gantongunner; 11th September 2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11th September 2016, 02:21 PM

Member of: Broadland ARC
Default daystate

I must admit I don't mind the look of it. I haven't liked the way the last couple of offerings from daystate have looked at all. The proof will be in the shooting though and whether they've put a ridiculous price tag on it.
Old 11th September 2016, 02:28 PM
almost AA

Member of: York FTC

the price tag appears to be 1900 which is cheaper than the Ataman M2 its based on as they cost about 2200 to import
Old 11th September 2016, 03:12 PM
WHFTA World Champion 2016.

While I am over the moon that a British manufacturer is starting to offer this type of rifle I am also disappointed to see a non stabilised action and a barrel that is not free floated. I would like to try one though! Do they do it in .22? :-)

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.
Old 11th September 2016, 04:32 PM

Default Daystate TSAR ft rifle

Looks like they only do the 4.5mm and is totally ft dedicated also a has a dry fire system so you can set up the very advanced multi adjustable 5 sear trigger I would expect this rifle to be extremely accurate and a competition winner.
Not really my bag so i'm glad I went for the griffin personally but would imagine it to be very popular among FT shooters.

Is it me or does this remind you of a walther ?
Old 11th September 2016, 04:53 PM

Member of: West Devon

I saw this today at our swefta league shoot,does look very nice in the flesh,it was being shot at a 55 yard target off the knee,no problem knocking it over time after time.the fitment looks very adjustable,so should be good for all,it was right handed version so I didn't shoot it as I'm kak handed,hopefully it's available as a lefty at some point.the hamster is a nice standard addition too,I can see it being popular after it's had its teething problems ironed out and they've been on the scene a while,I guess the only way to tell is when the scores start coming in
Old 11th September 2016, 04:58 PM

Member of: Iceni Marksmen

Looks nice enough but you'd think theyd get their own facts right in their blurb. Its not a thumbhole stock and its spelt Lothar not LoWthar.
Old 11th September 2016, 05:04 PM
Never has been banned from sales

Member of: Nelson & Nomads airgun club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC200 View Post
Looks nice enough but you'd think theyd get their own facts right in their blurb. Its not a thumbhole stock and its spelt Lothar not LoWthar.
They probably just copied that from the Ataman website using google translate
Old 11th September 2016, 05:07 PM
NEFTA Chairman

Member of: Anston

Suspect China have had an agreement with Ataman to copy their rifle and stick the daystate name on it someone might be brave enough to splash out a lot of money to see what its all about but cant imagine its going to hold its value too well on the secondhand market