Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 5th September 2016, 06:34 PM
Member of: mill ride
Default chrono information please

i have a Combro mk 4 chrono..the other day it was worikng fine..ive tried it today (overcast ) & it keeps comming up with "fail "
i replaced batteries & its still the same ..does the amount of light effect these things ?..i know it does with some of the larger chrono`s
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 5th September 2016, 07:26 PM
WHFTA World Champion 2016.

The Combro is a good tool, it is however very critical that it is aligned perfectly to give accurate results. Imagine the 2 light beams going across the pellets path, if one is broken by the top of the dome and the other by further down the side of the dome the reading will not be the true velocity. With the sensors only 50mm apart a .5mm error equates to 1% or about 8fps. Less that perfect alignment only triggering one sensor could be your problem? Fluorescent lights can also upset them.

One of the ones I had needed packing under just one end of the mounting to get both sensors to the same height and mounting on a silencer always gave more dependable readings. A fat drinking straw slid into the silencer can help you visually align the Combro.
HFT, for people with only 2 buttucks!

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.