Shooting the breeze Valley Arms Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 26th July 2016, 07:21 PM
RobF's Avatar
RobF RobF is offline
My Empire of Dirt
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 10,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by countorik View Post
There isn't a great deal of difference in attendance numbers throughout the GP series so far between C class and the piston class, maybe if the piston class were graded, it would encourage more shooters into this class.
Graded as in how? There's not enough to start dividing it up. And if you used your piston grades in your PCP grades then all it does is bring those grades down which leads to accusations of ringing.
__________________
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 27th July 2016, 06:12 AM
Yorkshiretea's Avatar
Yorkshiretea Yorkshiretea is offline
B Grade Bandit
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Member of: Anston FTC
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 2,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ramshead View Post
To Make courses more difficult to prevent the top few percent of AA grade clearing or near clearing courses would really punish the normal shooters to the point where gp's become a small comp for the FT elite.

Shoots need support from all grades to make the comps viable, if courses were altered to prevent the best shooters from clearing, normal shooters would get their ***** handed to them comp after comp, nobody travels thousands of miles per year for that.

If a good shooter clears a course, that's brilliant, they should be congratulated for keeping it together and beating the course. Its not a reason to punish all the other shooters.
Most of us on the thread are joking about this Dave The course's this year have been some of the best and most balanced I've shoot and the fact that only (I think) 4 GP's have ever been cleared suggests we've got some way to go before we need to make them any harder.
__________________
BFTA Shop
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 27th July 2016, 06:15 AM
countorik countorik is offline
BFTA C Grade Champion 2010
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Member of: Tondu
Location: SWANSEA
Posts: 528
Default Piston class

I agree, there are aren't enough shooters in the piston class at GPs at present to offer trophies to each grade winner, and that the current trophy distribution should remain.
At present, if you shoot in the piston class at GPs, you shoot against the best in the world, which is no bad thing, but if there were grades, then maybe it would encourage more shooters into the class.
I believe there would be no AA shooters based on the current grading system in the piston class, so that gives everyone something to aim for.
So to summarise, grade piston shooters on the current grading system. Because of the low numbers, give trophies to the highest scores only.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 27th July 2016, 06:41 AM
RobF's Avatar
RobF RobF is offline
My Empire of Dirt
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 10,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by countorik View Post
I agree, there are aren't enough shooters in the piston class at GPs at present to offer trophies to each grade winner, and that the current trophy distribution should remain.
At present, if you shoot in the piston class at GPs, you shoot against the best in the world, which is no bad thing, but if there were grades, then maybe it would encourage more shooters into the class.
I believe there would be no AA shooters based on the current grading system in the piston class, so that gives everyone something to aim for.
So to summarise, grade piston shooters on the current grading system. Because of the low numbers, give trophies to the highest scores only.
I'm not sure why grades would change anything, especially if it doesn't change what is won.

Clive Turner in CSFTA is AA from entirely shooting springer.
__________________
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 27th July 2016, 09:07 AM
Welsh Wizard's Avatar
Welsh Wizard Welsh Wizard is offline
Because I`m.............
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Member of: Oaktree, Avon Hawks, Harriers
Location: Swansea
Posts: 1,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Clive Turner in CSFTA is AA from entirely shooting springer.
Not really a good example though, he only has 1 result!
__________________
.
.
.
.






BFTA Grading Questions or requests for "Your" rolling 16 to simon.evans2@ntlworld.com



Updated Bfta % by region and grade

Now on here!
http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/f...splay.php?f=82







TAAlk but My shooting says I can only hit them when its not BBreezy!!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 27th July 2016, 09:17 AM
Welsh Wizard's Avatar
Welsh Wizard Welsh Wizard is offline
Because I`m.............
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Member of: Oaktree, Avon Hawks, Harriers
Location: Swansea
Posts: 1,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
, no awarding 100% for not 100% and then divide the % by the number of targets shot for an accurate grade. Done
Trouble with that is not all is equal

ie, same weekend Wafta and Swefta shoot.


Jack Harris in wafta, very windy day scores 30 out of 40 (Winter) 75%

Im top in Swefta, windless course hitting 38 out of 40 = 95%.


Am I better shooter than Jack, NO!

but I have more % and screw the grades up.


Current system works best, taking all regions and variances into account
__________________
.
.
.
.






BFTA Grading Questions or requests for "Your" rolling 16 to simon.evans2@ntlworld.com



Updated Bfta % by region and grade

Now on here!
http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/f...splay.php?f=82







TAAlk but My shooting says I can only hit them when its not BBreezy!!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 27th July 2016, 09:29 AM
RobF's Avatar
RobF RobF is offline
My Empire of Dirt
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 10,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
Not really a good example though, he only has 1 result!
No he hasn't. You only have one result because that's the only one you've had since asking if they were pcp or springer. All of his scores have been springer. He only ever shoots springer. Might have seen him shoot a pcp once, may be my imagination.
__________________
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 27th July 2016, 09:30 AM
RobF's Avatar
RobF RobF is offline
My Empire of Dirt
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 10,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
Trouble with that is not all is equal

ie, same weekend Wafta and Swefta shoot.


Jack Harris in wafta, very windy day scores 30 out of 40 (Winter) 75%

Im top in Swefta, windless course hitting 38 out of 40 = 95%.


Am I better shooter than Jack, NO!

but I have more % and screw the grades up.


Current system works best, taking all regions and variances into account
And that's why regional grades should be seperated from national scores
__________________
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 27th July 2016, 09:31 AM
Welsh Wizard's Avatar
Welsh Wizard Welsh Wizard is offline
Because I`m.............
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Member of: Oaktree, Avon Hawks, Harriers
Location: Swansea
Posts: 1,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by countorik View Post
maybe if the piston class were graded, it would encourage more shooters into this class.
be interesting to see if the inclusion of pistion at Euro draws more etries, as it has been said having no grades in pcp at euro puts some lower grade shooters off. Perhaps some of those that have been put off will give spring a go?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ramshead View Post
To Make courses more difficult to prevent the top few percent of AA grade clearing or near clearing courses would really punish the normal shooters to the point where gp's become a small comp for the FT elite.
Shoots need support from all grades to make the comps viable, if courses were altered to prevent the best shooters from clearing, normal shooters would get their ***** handed to them comp after comp, nobody travels thousands of miles per year for that.
If a good shooter clears a course, that's brilliant, they should be congratulated for keeping it together and beating the course. Its not a reason to punish all the other shooters.

Thing is, Gp scores are on the rise in all grades. Personally I enjoyed quarry more than any of the others due to the harder challenge of the wind. I think most courses have had a good balance of targets, bar the over riding inclusion of 25mm kills past 30 yards and 15 mm @ 20+
Thank God for Sywell next year!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
It didn't seem right to drop scores that are winning scores on the day in piston to me.
As I think was said, that's the same for C, B and A potentially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor View Post
No one for fishing then,on the coarse, off course.

You would make a nice float with your orange top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
I've been practicing on 15 x 8mms at Anston, if they aren't all 15mm I'm going to be disappointed
Have you tried practising on 40mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
All 25mm
I have proposed 25mm standers and kneelers at least twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
Reducers out to 45yds first, surely
And that, but I think I went for 40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
You would.. I can't believe I'm going to say this.. but I agree with you

The 100% thing was to try to set a benchmark for the course difficulty, but what we're seeing alot these days is the top score is either 50 or 49 anyway regardless of how difficult the course is
Apart from Quarry, where there was difficulty to the course. Cant say I rate any of the other 5 gp as that hard, mainly due to lack of wind.
__________________
.
.
.
.






BFTA Grading Questions or requests for "Your" rolling 16 to simon.evans2@ntlworld.com



Updated Bfta % by region and grade

Now on here!
http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/f...splay.php?f=82







TAAlk but My shooting says I can only hit them when its not BBreezy!!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 27th July 2016, 09:36 AM
Welsh Wizard's Avatar
Welsh Wizard Welsh Wizard is offline
Because I`m.............
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Member of: Oaktree, Avon Hawks, Harriers
Location: Swansea
Posts: 1,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF View Post
And that's why regional grades should be seperated from national scores
That does not work either Rob, he would have no results!

Same for most others who don't do enough Bfta shoots to get an up to date and accurate average.
(I will be including some stats on this in the Agm report)

If we changed to Bfta only we would have to move the % barriers again, it would be far easier to throw a score and ring and generally more people would be saying he or she is in the wrong Grade?
Are you really an A grader ??
__________________
.
.
.
.






BFTA Grading Questions or requests for "Your" rolling 16 to simon.evans2@ntlworld.com



Updated Bfta % by region and grade

Now on here!
http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/f...splay.php?f=82







TAAlk but My shooting says I can only hit them when its not BBreezy!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Piston plyguy General Airgun Chat 0 25th May 2014 03:24 PM
TX200 Piston D. Clark General Airgun Chat 6 3rd March 2012 08:30 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
shooting-the-breeze.com Skin design and concept by Attitude