Shooting the breeze Millride Field Target Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 22nd July 2016, 11:33 PM

Good luck with that then Vinny! I always used to get some one else to fit the stock, (Usually the bloke that made them Dave Halls) All the one's that he did seen ok.

Si
Old 26th July 2016, 07:47 PM

Member of: Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)

Hi
I have had issues with some Ginb stocks in the past on tx200's, which I over come by using washers as mentioned in an earlier post.
So basically the action is mounted on the 2 for-end screws & tight down on the rear bolt without the length of the action being pulled tight down in to the stock.

Regards Jon
Old 26th July 2016, 07:55 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Member of: M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborn68 View Post
Hi
I have had issues with some Ginb stocks in the past on tx200's, which I over come by using washers as mentioned in an earlier post.
So basically the action is mounted on the 2 for-end screws & tight down on the rear bolt without the length of the action being pulled tight down in to the stock.

Regards Jon
Thanks Jon , seems to be now getting a common theme, gonna have a go at making a stainless plate and tube affair in the inside of the area, I can then still tighten down the action securely

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals, Sake-San's lube regime.
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?
Old 26th July 2016, 09:03 PM

Member of: MAD

Have you considered returning it and say "This don't fit" or "this buggers up a perfectly good gun"?
Old 26th July 2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTA View Post
Have you considered returning it and say "This don't fit" or "this buggers up a perfectly good gun"?
Ever tried your own advice mike, hows the fwb ?, thanks for the input though, I think most things have relatively simple solutions to improve them , I, m sure I will get there eventually , either that or a bit of expensive firewood

TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals, Sake-San's lube regime.
Old 27th July 2016, 05:52 PM

Member of: MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
Ever tried your own advice mike, hows the fwb ?
I did follow my advice. Had a polite response back and its awaiting an official trip to Germany.
Old 27th July 2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTA View Post
I did follow my advice. Had a polite response back and its awaiting an official trip to Germany.
just joking ith you mike, hopefully thatll b the last time you have problems with ita much more sensible approach than lobbing it on the deck in a rage like someone I know did with their walther , incidentally I just checked the rear contact points between the action and the stock and I reckon it was just being supported on the rear radius corners , about a 5mm sided triangle area on both sides ,took them down , re checked and sanded the high points out, and got the whole length now touching in most places , dunno if thats gonna help but its got to be a lot more stable , just goes to show how an apparently good snug fit is actually very misleading

Last edited by vinny; 27th July 2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:15 PM

Member of: Lea Valley Air Gun Club

Never really had problems with a John Welham stock on my HW77,although when taking it apart I gently shave the witness marks on the stock inleting which show up when a light rubbing in of stock conditioner is used.
When action installed I ensure the spacing along the action and stock is even,( not free floating)although the anchor points of trigger block and u bracket anchor points at front are even when tightened and gaps the same to stock.
Although not free floating,and neither clamped tight onto stock,it seems to be a combination of both but it works and is very accurate and consistant..
Removal and replacement changes its characteristics every time slightly so unless it is crucial I leave well alone and try to shoot in dry conditions to avoid doing so.
HERX77 .

Last edited by herx77; 3rd August 2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 5th September 2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
So , finished the radius end , the bit where the trigger end section sits in the stock which had a fair bit of rough finishing , removed supporting inletting between before and aft supports either sides, one side seemed tighter than the other against the action,the original stock has no supports here , moved the cheeck piece right over by modding the inletting of the underneath , checked today with the skp and happy days , much better , and with a variety of holding positions , now grouping ok considering I was checking outside, 25mm at 55 yds will do me without the fun of pellet testing and shimming the areas aforementioned .... groan thats next
all shot off the floor
So final conclusion on the CS 1000 stock fitment
I repeated checking the action and stock contact points where I ended up getting about 8mm of contact all along the edge of the cocking lever groove in front of the trigger unit area , no matter how I ended up sanding this area it wouldnt really change, hmm, then it twigged , the original inletting radius was too big .
I made a plastic 0.4 mm shim to sit in the rear trigger contact area which made it fit nice and central /snug in the stock, no poi shifts , all seems ok after a month of checking ,
so conclude,
If the end radius of the trigger unit recess in the stock was increased a bit ,the action wouldnt have sat above the rest of the inletting , also fitting the cradle shim made it laterally more stable perhaps , certainly hasnt had any poi shifts even when ive had it in and out of the stock for lube/ general fettling , havent bothered with the tube and washer round the main fastening screw as all seems fixed

Old 5th September 2016, 09:34 PM

Default piccy to explain

Shim shown for example in a standard stock

20160905_222604.jpg