Shooting the breeze Air Arms, World Class Air Rifles sponsors the British Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 18th July 2016, 05:59 PM
'Chopper'.....of trees.
Member of: Pontefract

Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
That's a thumbs up then Tom?

You know me Dean, I say what I see...that's why I keep calling you a c**t !!!
Beginning to do better
Old 18th July 2016, 06:07 PM
Member of: lincs hft

Great Course as usual,Thanks to everyone involved on the day,Nick and Mark you are getting to good at making life difficult for everyone,
Mick you are good company, Neck and neck all the way round made it a very enjoyable day regardless of the end result,(Told you i would be crap towards the end)
Old 18th July 2016, 06:23 PM
Greedy Bustard
Member of: Pontefract ARC
Thumbs up

Plus one for Toms comments. I had an absolute blast recording my PB for a Lincs HFT comp (first one entered so that was a given) simultaneously recording my worst ever score ever! with severe donut poisoning included. Not sure what happened yet but I couldn't even hit a 25 yard target in the garden when I got home as Tom said, give Lincs a try for a top course, top folks and well worth the drive. Thanks to everyone involved in staging the event. Will I be back? Most certainly and I will be chasing a new PB
Old 18th July 2016, 06:47 PM
Steyr Convert
Member of: Emley Moor FTC

Originally Posted by cocksure View Post
You know me Dean, I say what I see...that's why I keep calling you a c**t !!!
Yes but you southerners say it so nicely that it is hard to take offence.

Glad you and Julie and Simon had a great day with our Lincs friends.

I blame that Nick chap. Yet again I shot a target that I had no idea of the range but I somehow dropped it this time.
One of Nicks along and under the hedge shots is like nothing else ever experienced in a HFT comp, you're not quite sure what is happening and it doesn't feel quite right at any stage. I use at least 5 methods of range finding and none of them work in this situation.

I can honestly say that I just guessed that it was most likely to be under 35 yards, and nothing seemed to be lined up for an obstruction and so shot dead on at the bit I could see.