Shooting the breeze FT Review  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 14th July 2016, 10:37 PM
Default Sighton s111 10x42

Hi guys.

I'm thinking of the above scope for hft and I would be great full if I can have some feedback from the owners please... ie built quality PE etc.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 14th July 2016, 11:00 PM
WHFTA Champion 2013
Member of: Dunfermline

The Sightron has one of the best reticles for HFT, and arguably the best balance between price/value and overall optical quality. It doesn't have any frills or unnecessary features so all the cost is spent on the glass and coatings.
One downside is the turrets turn quite easily so are at risk of being altered unintentionally in a bag or on a peg.
You can sort that by fitting thick O-rings inside the turret or a grub screw etc, threads on here about that.

To get better glass you need to spend 50-100% more.
It's the Indian not the Arrow
Old 15th July 2016, 04:06 AM
Member of: Fort Airgun Club

I've owned 2 Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD scopes for a few years now. I use one for HFT and the other for hunting. As Greg has said, the only downside are the elevation and windage turrets, which can be moved very easily. There are two modifications that overcome this problem though, cost next to nothing and improve the turrets dramatically. The glass is amongst the best out there. Fantastic light transmission, brilliant clarity and excellent definition. The reticle is close to perfect for my needs. Build quality is on a par with any other £500 scope.

Founder member ~ Fort Airgun Club

Air Arms HFT500, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD
Air Arms Ultimate Sporter, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD
Old 15th July 2016, 05:46 AM

I had a sightron scope used it for Hft agree with the above people great glass and reticule downside are the turrets I taped mine.
Old 15th July 2016, 06:20 AM
Member of: tondu /quarry

stunning glass but I found it was easy to miss those close 15mm's with the amount of parallax movement you can get. Get a look through one first is always best. Then you can see if it suits you. Everyones eyes are different
Old 15th July 2016, 11:39 AM

Just bought one of these myself cant wait to get out and use it but be sunday
Old 15th July 2016, 11:51 AM
Member of: The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT

Fantastic ret & glass, turrets to easy too catch as mentioned above. The px issue can be reduced with careful cheek piece set up.
Rick Ardern. RIP mate, never ever forgotten!

Currently in stock........

Steyr LG100 x2, Ripley AR5S x3, hw77 x2, hw80 x2, hw100, hw97, hw98, Walther Dommie, Walther LGV, Stoeger x20s .22, Daystate mk4 in a custom laminate stock, Diana mod 50 + Gamo compact & Röhm twinmaster pistols

Old 15th July 2016, 06:11 PM
UKAHFT Champion 2010 & 11
Member of: Rivington Riflemen
Thumbs up

I've just put one on my main comp gun, really really good glass and build quality. The hft masters event at Greyhound a couple of weeks back was my first competition with it and was rather nice to use & had a good round.

I think sightron may have made some improvements in the turrets as there is no way you could move them accidentally. Good positive clicks, you also have the option of adding an o ring in an existing groove between the outer turret housing and inside of the turret cap - I did this as a precaution which adds a little more resistance, but also stops any water / dust ingress to the turret mechanism.

Re potential parallax error, I use an enhancer which healps get a consistent head position. Some like them, some dont, its a personal choice thing.
BASC Team England HFT 2010,11,12,13,14,15,16 &17
Old 15th July 2016, 06:40 PM

Thanks for your reply guys... Some really positive feedback the only thing is the turrets moving accidentally... My mate brought one last week so im going see him at LV tomorrow for hft comp. And then I will decide.
Old 15th July 2016, 07:42 PM
Member of: Quarry Rifles

slacken the grub screws enough to allow turrets rotate, so they do not alter the zero but still remain on scope
Steyr LG100 barley twist March F 3-24 FML-1
Steyr LG110 challenge March X 5-50 MTR3
Steyr LG110 HFT 2014 big Nikko MK3
Air wolf bushnell 6-24 mil-dot
spare scopes Bushnell 8/32 Leupold 20/50