Shooting the breeze Dowry Hill FTC  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 6th July 2016, 08:16 AM

I use a click chart and put it in one of these wrist coaches. Easily accessible and visible.

I prefer click charts as there isn't enough room on either the turret or side wheel to fit every yard in between 8 and 55. I know you can just guess from the surrounding settings but I feel that every bit of precision I can get can only help to improve things and I DO need all the help I can get.
Old 6th July 2016, 01:37 PM

I am also a newbie to ft as well. So I am looking for tips in how to set things up and best way in going about the motions in ranging and clicking because of the time factor involved.
Getting two shots off in two minutes.
Old 6th July 2016, 01:44 PM
B Grade Bandit
Member of: Anston FTC

I've always used a chart and kept in my pocket with a couple of spares in my bag. I've watched loads of other people write on their turrets every season and than start again when the move the scope.

For me a chart works better and getting two shots off in 2 minutes is easy if you have your seating route down, it takes practice but once you are doing the same thing over and over it pretty much becomes like driving a car, automatic.
Old 21st August 2016, 12:51 AM

Hello, I do not speak English so I use translator.
I think it's best to use the click turret, why? that if one angle shoots measures written in the turret will not work.
To use the click calibrated in a straight line use parallax wheel, as the photo attached, the green area corresponds to the area where you do not need exit Zero adjusted. next to each distance necessary will click to hit the kill zone by distance.

I apologize if you do not understand, but I use translator