Shooting the breeze Central Southern Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Introductions

Introductions Say hello...

Old 10th May 2016, 06:37 AM
Member of: mill ride
Default Mill ride first round summer league

well, as a "newbie " to FT i shot at my first comp last Sunday at Mill Ride...baptism of fire for me to say the least..roughly 4 hours from start to finish, the wind got up towards the end & it even gave the very best shooters a challenge ....but i had some good advice from the two chaps i was paired up with, (the turn out was very good so we had to go round in threes )........i prob put the worst score of the day in but it has not deterred me one bit...really enjoyed the day..i must say many thanks to Mr Francis (i think his first name was Simon ..not 100 % sure ) very good shot & gave me some good advise on the day
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10th May 2016, 09:28 AM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default Learning curve

Hi Rob
We were unlucky to finish in the toughest section at the toughest part of the day. If you can shoot well at millride you can shoot well anywhere. Advice is best given out in little portions and then you after filter out the good from the bad. Hope to see you and your buddy at harriers in a fortnight.
Simon Francis
Ps your mate nearly did get baptised at booking in office. Lol