Shooting the breeze Best fittings sponsors UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 7th May 2016, 06:22 PM
Member of: Dutchy
Default falcon t50 scope help please

Hi all I have bought a falcon t50 have set it up with plum line and centralised the turrets , now there are 2 elevation turrets in the box one marked with moa and one larger plain , my question is what is the easiest to use I am going to zero/set up tomorrow at the range , need to sort the wheel markings which I am ok with I just don't get the clicks ? have read the bfta set up scope manual several times bottoming turrets etc but just cant work out in my head what to do for the best , do I try and find the highest poi then zero at that and work down or zero at 35 yds then work up and down with a click chart, very new to the sport and a bit or a tard :-) with numbers
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 7th May 2016, 08:01 PM
Member of: Blaenau Gwent

I found the marked turret fine when I had a T50, it is easy enough to mark your click down then dial.

The un marked can be used to just mark your yards on it saves reading a click chart just dial what the wheel says.

There are people using both methods successfully so which ever you feel more comfortable with.

35yrds is my preference but lots zero at 40 yrds as long as you range correctly doesn't make a lot of difference.

Steyr LG110 FT, Sightron SIIISS 10-50x60 LRIRMH
Old 7th May 2016, 08:11 PM
Member of: castle

Sent you pm
Old 7th May 2016, 08:21 PM
Member of: NRC

I remember trying to set up my first scope too. Still have to think about it sometimes.
I did my ranging first, and marked my wheel. Then when I had a chance I would shoot whatever range and note clicks for that range. I never started at one point then worked forward or backwards.
It's quite a task to get it all done at once so I did it in chunks. And in theory, they should fall into place.
Once I had them all noted down I chose to put the clicks on my wheel.
Old 8th May 2016, 08:47 PM
Member of: Bedlay Airgun Club

I've got T50 and have used the standard turret using a click chart and now use an oversized turret with with the yardage marked on the turret. Personally for me it's more straightforward using the latter but you have to mark the turret accurately as a complete revolution of the turret creates only a slight increase or decrease in the turret height

STEYR LG110 with Custom English Walnut stock
MTC Connect

For hand-crafted custom airgun accessories including airstrippers, pellet sizers, grip sets and stocks click on my page below: