Shooting the breeze Millride Field Target Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 2nd May 2016, 08:46 AM
Member of: Membership less at moment
Default More bad news
What can you say? Poor boy and parents and yet more fuel on the fire for the licensing of air weapons.
AA S200 .177
AA S400 Carbine
AA S200 .22

a bit of a theme emerging here......
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 2nd May 2016, 09:35 AM
Steyr Convert
Member of: Emley Moor FTC

Very sad.........Cannot imagine how the parents feel.

It is not too sensationalised in the article, but it has no real facts other than hear say from villagers of what they think happened. I would have thought it was the responsibility of the parents in law to ensure safe usage and safe keeping, but we don't know the full story.
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:56 AM
Member of: Glevum, Shebbear, Nomads

Not too sensationalised???? Was there any need to have Rachel Smales comment then, "and I thought Thurston was a safe village?"

What a ridiculous statement to include given the nature of the incident; also, without going in to the weeds the article also says there are no restrictions on anyone aged over 18 buying an air rifle and ammunition and using it. Well that's not true is it? There are laws which govern the use of air rifles, so surely these would be classed as restrictions?

Tragic though this is, there are already laws in place to prevent this from happening and someone has not followed them.

At the end of the day it's all about education of safety with guns (of any type including toys IMO) and the law.

It's a tragic accident which should of never happened.
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:07 AM
Member of: Iden Ferns

If as stated in the article 'A lot of people have air rifles around here and we never believed they could kill someone' then education about the correct use would probably have been in place but stupidity took over.

And then further on saying '"It just shows the danger of air rifles. People would be best of getting rid of them' just goes to show the ignorance of people in general.

Well all the knives in my kitchen draws could be dangerous, shall I get rid of them ffs.

It is sad the lad did not make it but to point fingers at air weapons in general is just taking the ****, next time a car accident happens & there is a fatality I think I will lobby for all cars to be removed from the planet.

Parents should educate their children a little better especially living where there are a lot of neighbours with air guns.
Old 2nd May 2016, 01:08 PM

English politicians will be going down the Scotland's route you guys better save up for your licenses snp third biggest party in parliament. Also a tragedy for the poor boys parents. A accident which will be held against responsible air gun shooters both sides of the border.
Old 2nd May 2016, 01:33 PM
Member of: Truttemer Tir Club

If you want sensationalised, take a look at the photo that accompanies the report in the above link.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:39 PM
Member of: Kingsley

Very, very sad that a child is killed because an air gun, section one or otherwise was left where children could play with it. I am sorry but that is as stupid as leaving an open bottle of bleach where babies/toddlers can drink it. The owner of the gun should be prosecuted IMHO.

Rachel Smales is obviously very stupid indeed, the village has roads, cars and young drivers, it's as dangerous as anywhere else, she just talks through her ar5e, unless of course there has never been a road accident recorded in her glass bubble.