Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range/  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 27th April 2016, 01:12 PM
Default Newbie Kingsley HFT

Hello to all Iím a newbie here having just bought myself a Huntsman Regal in need of guidance after 30ish year layoff.
My house has a small garden, 10 metres at a push, and Iím looking for a suitable shooting venue to zero and practice at (I need lots of practice) with some club shooting. I live in Cheadle and Kingsley HTF site is only a couple of mile away so would be absolutely ideal for me. Can you please advise how I go about joining the club; Iíve trawled the net and canít seem to find a Kingsley HFT club website as such. Is there a club I can join? Is the plinking / zeroing range available for use outside of competition days?
Apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 27th April 2016, 02:04 PM
Steve C.

Hi Alan, you'd be welcome to come over to Kingsley, in fact there is a shoot this Sunday
If you take the main road from Cheadle get to Jones & Shuffs then turn right (A52) and then turn immediate right after 50yds. Go down that lane for about 1 mile and we're in the wood on the left. People start arriving about 9 am for a 10 o'clock start and a safety brief.
As a member you can use the zero range at any time, and if you've not shot HFT before we'll put you with someone who has.

Steve C.
Old 27th April 2016, 08:50 PM
Member of: The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT

Hope to see you this Sunday @ Kingsley & welcome to this site!
Rick Ardern. RIP mate, never ever forgotten!

Currently in stock........

Steyr LG100 x2, Ripley AR5S x3, hw77 x2, hw80 x2, hw100, hw97, hw98, Walther Dommie, Walther LGV, Stoeger x20s .22, Daystate mk4 in a custom laminate stock, Diana mod 50 + Gamo compact & RŲhm twinmaster pistols

Old 27th April 2016, 09:12 PM
Member of: Kingsley
Default Welcome Alan

Hi Alan,

only about 7 months ago I went on my first hft shoot, the venue being Kingsley. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it right from the start.

I obviousley don't have a lot of experience to pass on, but would advise that you try to turn up on the early side so that you have plenty of time to get your gun zeroed and learn the few rudiments required.

Welcome to both this excellent forum and to Kingsley should you decide to come along.

Ian S
Old 28th April 2016, 02:53 PM

Thank you to ďallĒ for making me so welcome canít wait to meet up at Kingsley. Unfortunately Iím self-employed working on a contract in Leatherhead until towards the end of May and will not get home this weekend. When I finish this contract I will be between jobs back in Cheadle with lots of time to practice and get into HFT. No more working away from home for me unless Iím really broke. Great forum, loads of reading to do, thanks again to all for making me so welcome.
Old 30th April 2016, 09:17 AM
Member of: Kingsley HFT

Hi Alan , I'm sure you will spend many a happy hour at Kingsley , either practicing or in the friendly Sunday comps . The guys n girls are a real friendly bunch , with a great depth of knowledge and experience they will willingly share . Membership is £40 per year ( August to July ) , obviously pro rata if joining for part of a year , and for this the practice area is available to you 24/7 , so ideal for you living just down the road . The Sunday dates are always posted in the Calender Events section on this Forum , so we'll look forward to seeing you in the near future ..