Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 20th April 2016, 08:22 AM
Default Strange Weihrauch

Hi Guys,

I have recently brought a HW100 s from a guy who barely used it. When i brought it back home and filled it up for the first time (it is the non-quick fill variant) and screw it back onto the gun, it made a fairly heavy leaking sound. This carried on until it was about half empty through the green spectrum, then the leaking sound stopped. I have replaced the smallest o-ring at the main joining section of the gun to the air-tank. I also unscrewed that bit (i dont really know what to call it, its the bit that the small o-ring attaches to which is unscrewed with a 10mm bolt head). When i unscrewed that, there was only one o-ring in there, which was attached to the bit mentioned above within a little divot at the end. Should there be any other o-rings here? What other seals will there be which could be causing this type of leak?
One more side-note, the gun does also slowly leak after the main heavy leaking, id say 2 small bars worth (on the gauge) a day?

Furthermore, does anyone know whether the Quick fill and non Quick fill air cylinder screw in points are the same?

I hope this makes sense, and i do apologise for my lack of knowledge in regards to the part names.

Kind regards,
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 20th April 2016, 08:33 AM
Member of: West Devon

Quick fill/non qf cylinders are interchangeable,the leak is probably the valve in the rifle a full service kit is around 6 for a full seal set,easy to strip as removing the cylinder removes the air,just dry fire it a couple of times to make sure no air is in the action,I'd change all the seaks while its apart for peace of mind.plenty of guides on the 'net the w.o.c. Being first port of call
West Devon Airgun Club
Old 20th April 2016, 07:23 PM
Member of: York ftc

Air gunner. Magazine March 2016 has a spread on changing the seals. May help.
Old 20th April 2016, 08:10 PM
WHFTA World Champion 2016.

The cylinders from quick fill and non quick fill HW100's are interchangeable.

The leak if it is not the small o ring on the little cylinder connection spigot is probably the ones around the outside of the sleeve in which the regulator piston sits. A leak here often leaks out of the small hole on the bottom of the action just like the cylinder joint seal does but continues after replacing that one.
HFT, for people with only 2 buttucks!

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.