Shooting the breeze Millride Field Target Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > WHFTA Official forum

WHFTA Official forum World Hunter Field Target Association

Old 29th March 2016, 08:30 PM
Ich dien
Member of: Quarry Hunters
Default Worlds

First of all, all I can do is apologise for what occurred on Monday, but there was no way I was willing to risk anyone’s safety in those conditions and then on hearing the show was closed that made my mind up, I know a few are disappointed and feel for the overseas shooters who spent a lot of money coming to the event and to just shoot 30 targets is not great.

Also I know a lot of people didn’t agree with the trophies being given out, but what do you do with £2000 worth of trophies that have dates on etc.

I dare say some people with get a rise out of what happened and say not well organised etc but we can’t predict the weather, but I hope most of you will understand the call we had to make.

We would like to thank everyone who helped the Worlds run this year.

First of all to everyone who set both courses and it wasn’t just the matter of putting the targets out, all the hard work of doing a lot of clearing in both woods.

To all course setters, ALPHA Greg Hensman,Grego Hensman, Kieran Turner, Simon Howarth, Dave Smith, Matt Furlong, Kevin Gaunt, Andy Dickson & Clive Evans BRAVO Steve Light, Andy Simpson, Gary Morrison, Nigel Buchan, Kevin Hills & Justin Raynor.

To the girls who helped Jane with the booking in Jean Greatrex, Kathy Thompson & Karen Macfarlane.

Special thanks to Pete Dutton calculating the scores and running the website & to Gary Chillingworth who arranged all the marshalling this year

Everyone else who helped.

To all Marshalls who gave up their time to do their bit and especially, which again run better than it has before.

Claire West & Air Arms for supplying a free water to every shooter and donating an HFT 500 & Goody bags for the raffle and supplying all the water, crisps and chocolate (Thanks to the persom who took a liking to a full box of cream eggs)

Pavel & JSB for bring some fantastic prizes for the raffle and side shoot.

Matt from Shore Shot Airguns for donating prizes

Countryman Fairs for supplying the scorecards.

To Jerome & Nathan and their staff from Countryman Fairs for their sponsorship of the event and the work the lads do in preparation for us.

To the caterers

Lastly but not least to all competitors for making the Worlds the success it is.

If we have left anyone out I apologise

Pete & Jane
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 29th March 2016, 09:22 PM

Very hard decision to make Pete but totally the right one in my books mate,

Its a shame as a lot of time, money & effort goes into a big shoot like this but like you say you cant predict the weather,

Roll on next year

Old 29th March 2016, 09:34 PM

Thanks to all involved,It was my first visit and im looking forward to returning next year.As for the decision to cancel,there are many what ifs to concider.However if an injury or something more serious had happened then future events may have been compromised.In my opinion the right decision was made at the time.

Thanks again for all the Hard work.
Regards ,Stu
Old 29th March 2016, 09:35 PM

I would like to thank everyone involved I know people have put in a lot of time and effort in running such a great event roll on next year and right decision.
Old 29th March 2016, 09:51 PM
WHFTA Champion 2013
Member of: Dunfermline

You have the responsibility to make the call Pete, it's your head and I think everyone would and should back you and say it was the right choice. Frustrating though!
It's the Indian not the Arrow
Old 29th March 2016, 09:53 PM
Member of: MVAC

Well said Pete, I personally throughly enjoyed the weekend, fully understand why you made the hard decision to cancel.

I'm definitely looking forward to next year now that I've had a taster and all I can say is bring on the UKAHFT national series

Welldone to everyone who helped setup, run and took part in the event.

I has some fantastic laughs all weekend.
Old 29th March 2016, 10:03 PM
Member of: M.A.D

The correct/only choice was made in my opinion I'm sure any sensible shooter would agree. Even if everyone was willing to take a risk and shoot I don't think countryman fairs would have been impressed especially after shutting the rest of the grounds due to safety issues with weather.

Old 29th March 2016, 10:35 PM
Señor Member

The right and only call, sadly. When sturdy Portaloos are flying over you know it is too dangerous to be in the woods. With Alpha flooded , it would have taken hours to become safe again.

Lousy call to make, but you had to do it. Don't think anyone would be too happy with a bloody great branch crashing down on them.
I'm sure people are just disappointed and were raring to go despite the conditions, but really it wasn't shootable, no matter how keen you are.

Better luck next time, I guess.
Old 29th March 2016, 11:13 PM
Red Dwarf
Member of: Grampian arc

Pete you did good by the shooters and that's the bottom line, safety is ukahft priority....

And I can't stop admiring the three trophies I got, I won't waste them.
Walther Lg400 Red/Nightforce nxs 2.5-10x24 mil compact/Mick Troman Reg mod/floated barrel/Rog stripper/Tec Hro carbon cheek piece/carbon fibre forend...

Walther Lg300 dominator/Dutton tune/custom laminate stock/mec 3/Sightron s111 10-42

2014/15/16 Scottish Team
Old 30th March 2016, 07:08 AM
Member of: Glevum & Quarry Hunters

Although massively disappointing Pete it was the correct decision, the weather was extreme. Thanks to all the course setters hard work and everyone involved.

The 2016 worlds will quickly become an urban legend, where the winds peaked at 100 mph and there were not enough mill dots on the scope to cope with aiming off