Shooting the breeze Rivers West, Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 2nd January 2016, 04:33 PM
Member of: Furnace Mill
Default Furnace Mill New Year Extreme Results 2/1/16

Furnace Mill New Year Extreme Results 2/1/16

A very wet day at Furnace Mill today. Thanks to the guys that braved the rain to shoot today, hopefully you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thanks to Mikmon, Bill and Mitch for staying to help get the strings in.

Here are the very wet and soggy scores. Done on count back

Mick Boswell 61
Phil Tombs 55
Kev Clarke 55
Richard Halford 53
Matt Pritchard 49
Ken Swift 47
Mitch Birch 49
Jon Myatt 44
John Clarke 44
Chris Pritchard 40

Darrin Lynn 53 4th place overall
Geoff Jones 52 6th place overall
Perry Broad 52 7th place overall
Mikmon 44
Ed Brown 42
Ian Sheppard 37
Bill Birch 36

Let the keyboard battles begin!!!
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 2nd January 2016, 04:43 PM
Member of: Furnace Mill & Nomads

Well it was a great day Ed, thanks to you and Jane for letting us shoot on your break. Thanks to all involved in setting up much appreciated. Got to say congrats to Milek for a win which will be one to remember in history. Fair play to the springer shooters enjoyable to watch and listen.

No excuses from me as norn shot crap with a ailment which I am now suffering and in agony.

Must add you sure there were kill zones on some of the targets ? If so no bigger than a nail hole ! The myth of me not shooting in the rain has been well and truly tested today I left with a bad neck and PIŁŁEd wet through but would love to do it all again. Thanks again Ed really great day

Old 2nd January 2016, 06:09 PM
Member of: Furnace mill
Default Wet and soggy extreme

Im sat by the fire starting to get some feeling back in my body after the total drenching ! All my clothes have been washed and dried, gun stripped and cleaned, oiled, and put away in the safe. Gun bag put ready for the skip ! ( it will never dry ) glove and clam beside me drying out as well. My partner for the day was Kenny. What a couple of drips !! We squelched our way through the course. I can't speak for Ken but I enjoyed every moment of it ! Thanks to all the other nutters that took part in the extreme aqua event ! Loads of fun shooting the dots on the distant targets. Thanks.Ed and Jane can't wait to do it again !! IN THE SUMMER SUN !!!
Old 2nd January 2016, 06:28 PM
Member of: Furnace mill & day member at others

it was fun shooting with you Geoff ( hiptonic), even in that much rain that went straight through my clothes ! why did I \ we bother to use a shooting mat to lie on. I too have cleaned & dried my rifle as it was soaked today, oh well it was worth it. also my pellet clam \ grove is now dry but thank god I kept my rifle bag in the car as that would have taken a few days to dry .

yet another cracking day at the mill cheers to Ed etc. well done too Mick some good shooting there, & to the rest of the folks who braved it today. plus next time I will have to bring a springer down too.
I had a not a bad score seeing as I could not see through my glasses ( my excuse ), I will remove them next time in that much rain ha-ha.
My rifles are =
PCP: Steyr lg110 hft 2014, HW100 SK ( back up & rainy day rifle )
Springer's: HW77 ( 1980's version ), HW35 KLS.
Old 2nd January 2016, 06:38 PM
Member of: quarry hunters &furnace mill
Default extreme

thanks ed and jane for another enjoyable(if damp)day the course was just as hard as it was first time and thanks to all the shooters for the usual warm welcome.much appreciated