Shooting the breeze Air Arms, World Class Air Rifles sponsors the British Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 28th December 2015, 02:49 PM
Member of: Independant
Default Nomads Boxing Day Results

It’s never easy organising shoots and you can’t settle until it’s all over but I would like to think everyone had a good time today even if some of the scoring was poor. Before we mention the roll of honour I would like to thank everyone for coming along and giving us their support. I want to thank each one of you who came and donated prizes, everyone got one and more so well done everyone.

We want to thank the course setters, organisers, the pub (we’re in with them now) and those who brought in the targets albeit a little earlier than planned (oops).

Tony, thanks for the book and well done on your score.

Bill for helping me with the raffle.

Mik, I hope everything’s ok with the wife mate, (hope its good news).

Once again everyone; thanks for your support. We’ll be announcing the club competition dates in the next few weeks.

Top shot was Karl Guest who pipped both Mitch & Tony on count-back. Congratulations Karl; you are shooting well again. Count-back’s a ***** Mitch but there’s no shame in a junior in 2nd place beating those that you did. We want to see you & your dad back on the hill in 2016.

Karl Guest 56
Mitch Birch 56 (Junior)
Tony Male 56
Mik Monaghan 55
Jason Bressington 54
Stuart James 53
Darrin Lynn 53
Phil Tombs 53
Perry Broad 52
Simon Jewkes 52
Bill Birch 51
Dan Baker 51
Kev Clarke 50
Ash Bailey 50
Lee Malpass 50
Dan Macmahon 49
Ranjit Singh 49 (R)
Gra Cole 48
Tom Morgans 46
Owen Stimpson 46
Matt Lee 45
Ed Brown 44
John Holder 44
Charlie Baker 44
Stew Powell 44 (R)
Stuart Hill 43 (R)
Thomas Gnas 42
John Ferrier 42
Chris Pritchard 41
Marc Trumper 41 (R)
Len Smith 41
Mick Boswell DNF
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 28th December 2015, 04:32 PM

Well great morning shooting a nice testing course i cant believe i caught my triger when going to pull a string and gun went off giving a donut and i didnt even shoulder the rifle that cost me dear ! but happy enough with my score id like to that my shooting partners (Trick shot Tony) and Len, also thank to the setters as said a nice test.

And thanks Mick mrs is home a with couple of broken rids and a few scuffs n bruises bless but hey could of been a lot worse ! so all good so i had to rush off mate but did enjoy the shot.
Old 28th December 2015, 04:45 PM

An excellent day out, many thanks to the team at Nomads for all their hard work.
A big thank you also to Stu James for a great mornings shooting. A perfect ambassador for the sport, in the miles he travels to compete and his willingness to support and encourage fellow shooters. Much ethos to you Sir!
Old 28th December 2015, 05:12 PM
Member of: Glevum, Parkstone, Nomads

Many thanks to all involved in organising and running another fine shoot in Martley. You're all stars.

Thanks too to my shooting buddies Gra Cole and Karl "champ" Guest Thoroughly enjoyed shooting with you.

And starting/finishing in a pub - a splendid idea, I hope this will catch on! I approve totally

Looking forward to seeing you all in 2016.
Weihrauch HW100KT .177
Weihrauch HW98 V-Mach .177
Weihrauch HW80K .22
Weihrauch HW77K .177
Weihrauch HW45 "Silver Star" .177
Weihrauch HW35 .177
Daystate Mk.4 Panther .177
Air Arms FTP900 .177

Glevum Target & Sports Club, Gloucester.
Parkstone Gun Club, Poole
Nomads HFT

Old 28th December 2015, 05:24 PM
Member of: Glevum Target Gloucester

Many thanks �� nomad's for brilliant course on boxing day . Thanks everyone for good fun �� and helpful advice. That by fantastic day

Last edited by TomaszG; 28th December 2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 28th December 2015, 05:32 PM
Member of: Nomads HFT & Furnace Mill HFT

Had a great morning at nomads, big thank you to the course setters and to the admiral Rodney for putting on the food and drinks. Thanks to my shooting partners ash and errrm think his name was gra summat. Some good scores put in today but a special mention for mich with a cracking 56.

Last edited by rattus; 28th December 2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 28th December 2015, 07:47 PM
Member of: Furnace Mill

Well my first visit to Nomads!!! I must say it was a very enjoyable shoot and I thought course was well set out, very testing in places. Thanks go to the Nomads team on there hard work and setting of the course. My shooting partners Ed and my son Mitch of whom I'm so proud of today with a score of 56. Well done Karl and Tony also with 56's. Felt that we were made very welcome too. See you all on the hill again in 2016.

ATB Bill
Old 29th December 2015, 05:54 AM
Member of: Glevum & Quarry Hunters

Well done to Mick, Jim and the Nomads for a another well organised event.

The course was excellent and had us scrambling from the woods to open area, on to the copse and back again.

Thanks for the company Mik and Len and glad the wife is on the mend Mik.

The Nomads Boxing Day shoot is fast becoming a legend in the making.