Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 26th November 2015, 07:30 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
Default New Field Target Country

Field Target is growing very quickly at an international level, there are now 37 member countries of the WFTF and that is set to grow over the coming years.

There have been some growing pains for the WFTF over the years, but I'm confident when I say that the WFTF is finally getting it's act together.

The organisation in Lithuania for the 2015 Worlds was faultless and they really set the bar very high for how an international competition should be run. There were some small problems, but we have a new President and a new management team now and those minor niggles will be sorted in the coming months.

I've been having some email conversations with a new country just starting out in FT - they aren't a member of the WFTF yet, but who knows, in the coming years they might be.

You might be interested to have a mooch at this new website for the

The site is in Persian but Google Chrome does a reasonable job of translating it into English.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 26th November 2015, 11:48 AM
Member of: ETL / TEGC

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought the Iranian government very pro-FT to be honest.
Old 26th November 2015, 12:01 PM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

It might be interesting if they were to host international comps. I imagine some raised eyebrows at UK customs with all the blokes with rifle cases coming back from Tehran.

The more countries the better for the sport though.

I love some of the translations on that page.

Zach Elliott: Are you doing anything to prepare your balls?
Hector Medina: Yes, I wash my balls and they greased it. I often targets PCP and Springer for the gun, I use wax lube krytech ... ball for three minutes in a toaster oven that does have to do it, I will.