Shooting the breeze Valley Arms Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 10th November 2015, 10:52 PM
Steyr Convert
Member of: Emley Moor FTC

Originally Posted by Ceathreamhnan View Post
Yeah Mr MF Fernandez (NF user) has pointed out the real Achilles heel of the Sightron, the turrets move too easily. You can tape them or fit a grub screw or run the turrets loose once zero set, but it's a bit of a nuisance.
After thinking this was going to be a real problem with the Sightrons,I have been pleasantly surprised how the turrets have been ok, I dont tape or run them free, but I rarely use a bag once I start a course unless its raining, as taking them in and out of a case will increase your chances of knocking any scope.
I moved the top turret once when travelling in the car loaded in with three other guns in cases, I've never knocked them on a course. Maybe its my gentle nature!

MF Fernadez!!! Classic!!!........ wait till I see him. I think he's lost the spanish bottom lip beard now though. It did suit the handsome devil though.

Last edited by DEAN C.; 10th November 2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10th November 2015, 10:56 PM
Member of: The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT

I used tape on my sightron when I had it as I was regularly catching them! I must be a clumsy oaf!
Rick Ardern. RIP mate, never ever forgotten!

Currently in stock........

Steyr LG100 x2, Ripley AR5S x3, hw77 x2, hw80 x2, hw100, hw97, hw98, Walther Dommie, Walther LGV, Stoeger x20s .22, Daystate mk4 in a custom laminate stock, Diana mod 50 + Gamo compact & Röhm twinmaster pistols

Last edited by MickyFinn; 10th November 2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10th November 2015, 11:45 PM
WHFTA Champion 2013
Member of: Dunfermline

If you use a NF or perhaps the best example a Leupold Mk4 turret, they're properly stiff and it does show up the £500 scopes.
It's the Indian not the Arrow
Old 11th November 2015, 07:55 PM
Member of: Dunfermline
Default Which scope

Thanks for all your views chaps il try and get a gander through a few before I decide, as I said the mad plinker has kindly given me use of his sightron to use mean time
Old 11th November 2015, 07:55 PM
itchy trigger finger
Member of: springfield and mad

I had the vortex for about a week , didn't work for me. I thought DOF and parallax error was poor for a 32 scope and would lose the ret on closer ranges
I still have a sightron which is currently sitting on a hw77.The turrets are indeed the Achilles heel of this scope,I don't like the idea of loosening the turrets so I usually mark the turret with biro over the original gold paint ,atleast if they move by mistake you can put them back to where they were.
its all about the Rhino
The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

Last edited by tugg; 11th November 2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11th November 2015, 09:17 PM

Hi Neil

I also think the leupold with the tmr reticule is a very good scope and the glass is excellent even second hand pricey though not sure what the standard price is for that scope second hand. Gordon Burns has one of them too so you have to get him to let you look through his vortex and Leupold.