Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 4th November 2015, 06:39 PM
Member of: Ford & Oaks
Default Whoops

Adam - Yes indeed, my bad, apologies to the OP, however I think the concepts of a profiled shim being slightly more forgiving holds true, especially when shimming so much

The lowest mount possible for me is simply to compress the holdover requirements into as few mildots' as possible.

Obviously the traditional shimming I described is to bring the optically centred scope on zero with the minimum of clicks

Like a lot of things in our chosen hobbies we want the best kit we can afford and understand that when you get close to that the amount of effort involved in further improvements is quite often much greater than the perceived return - the law of diminishing returns.

For me its simply mental, if I think its better it is

Anyway, its fun to play.
...the statements, opinions and comments in the post above are from someone who has never won anything and probably never will, just an enthusiastic air gunner, for those here who only place value in the opinions of winners - move along to the next post ... LL MRE
Old 8th November 2015, 10:40 AM
Member of: Dartmoor Marksman & Buckley Wood

Laminated paper shims work very well, usually no more than 3 or 4 layers required
Steyr LG110 Steyr rail Big Nikko Mk3 Custom AJP Shark's Fin Rowan Adjustable Forend l