Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 28th September 2015, 07:31 AM
Swarf 'R Us
Member of: Kibworth
Default Air Arms HFT500 - Favour Required.

Could someone please help me out here. I will need someone to remove the standard brake from the end of the barrel and give me the measurement from the end of the barrel to where the grub-screw locates on the top of the barrel.

Many thanks.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 28th September 2015, 07:10 PM
Member of: KSG, Misfits

Mine measures 8.63mm from barrel end to the edge of the hole nearest the end of the barrel. From end of barrel to as near as I can get it to the centre of the hole is around 10.15 mm. Hole is 2.93mm in diameter but it is slightly countersunk so that a bit of a guestimation. Hope that helps, maybe someone else can help to confirm. I measured with my digital calipers. From what I can see just the very tip of the grub screw locates in the hole, the stripper itself is the only part threaded.

Steyr LG110 HFT 2014, Warren Edwards grip set, MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32 SBC
Air Arms TX200 mk3, walnut stock, Delta Optics 4-14 HFT

Last edited by Matt5mith; 28th September 2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 29th September 2015, 07:09 PM

I'm 99% sure that the HFT barrel is the same as the MPR unit, although the part numbers are different (E700 v. JT112) so bear this in mind.

Going by my MPR barrel the vernier says the hole is 1.8mm dia (so probably 2.0mm allowing for the offset jaws), while eyeballing the front edge of the hole with the depth gauge suggests around 8.9-9.0mm; so I'd suggest that the hole centre is 10.0mm from the front face.

Can't really tell you more without something of a suitably good fit to stick into the hole and measure against