Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range/  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > UKAHFT Official Forum

UKAHFT Official Forum United Kingdom Association of Hunter Field Target

Old 20th July 2015, 02:47 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by Ceathreamhnan View Post
A new marshal's tool was seen in use yesterday - the Chilli Big Stick - about twice as big as Chilli himself This was used not to chastise slow shooters but to poke the aforementioned spiderweb back up after it was seen to jam when pulled by string. This happened several times as we watched and I admit I had a vested interest in it being removed from the course Only to be told by Sparky that Buxted have a replacement similar target
I may be a bit slow but is this comment with reference to the hole in Chillys troosers ?

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?
Old 20th July 2015, 02:57 PM
Non-stop party animal
Member of: Meon Valley Airgun Club

Originally Posted by Rift View Post
Ok so the ladders could not be located...big deal.
You overcame the issue and prevented a testing target from being pulled which can happen all too easily.
How boring would a course be if all targets were generic and predictable ?

If you want that there are other places you can go.

Some comments I heard were bitter and resentful about what I and 99.9% of the shooters thought was a fantastic, well thought out course.

If they dont like it they dont have to come.
Well said! About 10 of us from Meon came over yesterday for our first-ever shoot at a UKAHFT National Series course - yes, we all found it bloody hard, but we also really loved it.

The general consensus in the cars on the way back to Hampshire was that we need to shoot more of these testing courses if we as both individuals and as a club are going to raise our game and improve our standard of shooting.

But first, some of our number must learn to check their rifles on the chrono more often

Once again, a BIG thank you to all at Buxted for providing us all with a grand day's sport
Old 20th July 2015, 02:57 PM
Member of: The Oaks & Horsham hawks

Originally Posted by vinny View Post
I may be a bit slow but is this comment with reference to the hole in Chillys troosers ?
No way Vinny, it clearly says ' CHILLI BIG STICK '
In life you should not persue goals that are easily achieved, develop an instinct for what can be only just achieved through your greatest efforts.
Old 20th July 2015, 05:10 PM
Aspiring to mediocrity
Member of: MEMBER OF M.A.D

More of a log then a stick

I actualy killed the spiders web, so, it shows that I also can't count as well as not being able to shoot

The hole in my trousers will soon be fixed, however, as we raised over a grand at the charity shoot, I now have to wear a dress at M.A.D.

See you all Sunday at the Oaks, I was going to stay local this week, but theres nothing worth shooting down here on Sunday
Somehow I made TEAM ENGLAND 2012 and 2013

Illiterate writer for AirGunner

The real Kung Foo Panda.
Old 20th July 2015, 05:17 PM
Member of: M.A.D
Default The curse of mike

I blame mike, we were shooting round it was all going smoothly only approx six or seven left to go then......Mike uttered those fateful words to the effect of" this is going well I can't believe we've had no stoppages".......aaargh! !

Old 20th July 2015, 08:07 PM
Member of: M.A.D.

Quote "Panic over Gary,I've had a word with Jean for you ,she said,"I'll put it back in and sew it up for him",well I think that was what she said allegedly !!!"

And there I was thanking Ian for his company round the Buxted course!!!
You would hear Gary's screams for miles if that was the case! Can't see anything without my glasses on!!

Rift's comments are very relevant: if you don't like the course, don't shoot them. It would be very boring if there weren't some really challenging shots!
The irony of it was that, when we got back out into the field for our last 2 (the free kneeler and the very small lollipop) it was blowing a gale and I managed to knock both of them down!!!!!! Best shots of the day. Well done Andy on another excellent course.

Roll on MAD, although the thought of Gary in a dress again ----------
AIRARMS Team Member 2013/14/15/16
Old 20th July 2015, 09:06 PM
Member of: Meon Valley airgun club

Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
The delay in the morning was as nothing compared to 3 of the Meon Valley AC members who turned up at Buxted at 8.00AM for the second session

There were 10 MVAC members shooting in the second session, all of whom had never entered a UKAHFT round previously - 7 of us checked the website and managed to work out for ourselves that getting to Buxted for around 11.30AM would be fine. 3 of our number didn't do this, and therefore had "ample time to acquaint themselves with a new shooting venue", as well as thoroughly reading the rules and guidelines for UKAHFT shoots.

Just a shame that 2 of them didn't pay more attention to the section about the chrono - I think we have identified a "training need" amongst some of our members
At least we got breakfast nice and early nick ..great day out with good company and my first ukahft event, I will be doing a lot more in the future I hope. Many thanks buxted on a very challenging course .
Old 20th July 2015, 09:23 PM
Member of: MVAC

A really enjoyable day and challenging course, a credit to the guys that set it up... Well done! already building my courage up to attempt the MAD weekend (app is on the way).