Shooting the breeze Millride Field Target Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > UKAHFT Official Forum

UKAHFT Official Forum United Kingdom Association of Hunter Field Target

Old 9th January 2010, 10:07 AM
Default Pistols

I've been thinking of buying another pistol to have a go this season but really don't know what to get as pistols that I've had in the past haven't lasted long with me as I've never shot one that I've really liked.
I don't fancy a precharged as for me they are too expensive for what use I'd get out of it.The co2 bulb type wasn't any good for me either.I was thinking of getting another single stroke overlever like the HW40 or Gammo Compact.

Thing is I used to shoot the real thing years ago in the 80s and an air pistol just doesn't seem to hit the excitement button if you know what I mean.

Just wondering since the UKAs have had the pistol shoots how many of you have purchased one ?

If you do shoot one are you as dedicated with your pistol as you are with your rifle ?

What have you got and is it any good for the job ?

Like me are you thinking of buying one for the UKAs and what have you looked at ?

If I do get one I don't want to go so cheap that it's no good and I can't hit anything with it but don't fancy spending 150ish just to sell it on again a couple of months later because I either don't like it or it's not getting used.

What do you think guys ?

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 9th January 2010, 10:37 AM
Ich dien
Member of: Quarry Hunters

Me and Jane bought a bargain Falcon pistol after Darren Lindsey gave me the heads up on a shop selling them cheap.

Old 9th January 2010, 03:24 PM
UKAHFT Champion 2010 & 11
Member of: Rivington Riflemen

Dave, was in BAR this morning and had a look at the Webley Alecto.

It's like a chunkier version of a HW40 in abs, but the grip is a really nice shape like the Gamo compact.

Power is 3ft lb with 1 pump, 5ft lb with 2 pumps and just under the limit with 3. Looks quite nicely made for a 170 pistol - well worth a look.

link to agw, it's not on BAR site yet but are in stock.
BASC Team England HFT 2010,11,12,13,14,15,16 &17
Old 9th January 2010, 04:36 PM
Member of: KSG, Misfits

Dave I was lucky enough to recieve a Webley Alecto from Santa for xmas, can bring it along next weekend if you want to take a look

Old 9th January 2010, 05:41 PM

Nice one I've seen this Webley advertised and it does look good...thanks Greg I'll take you up on that mate.

Old 9th January 2010, 07:45 PM
Member of: MissHits & KSG

Gamo compact at 3ftlbs is not man enough for the longer 'non pistol' targets, (the Lea Valley targets were also use at MAD last year, the rest of the comps used normal hft targets i believe),accurate though (got one I could sell,as has Guy G.)

Rohm Twin Top is the same,, accurate but a bit flasher I used both last year and won the open sights comp, but mainly because i shot all events bar one.

I've also got an Alecto to use this year, much better at 5+ftlbs, for the longer targets, not really used it yet but hope to get happy with it for March

Old 9th January 2010, 07:53 PM
Default Alecto

Had a shot with one at the club on Thursday , very accurate 1/2 group at 20 yards rested with a red dot . Can't realy fault it foe 170 , it being plastic not sure off it's service life?
Old 10th January 2010, 05:22 PM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

Another vote for the Alecto if you don't want PCP. I've had an extended play with one and it puts the pellets in the right place. Put a cheap red dot on the top (weaver) rail, give it two pumps and it'll do the business.
Old 10th January 2010, 07:38 PM
Member of: Tayside Airgun Club

Bought a Rohm twinmaster sport to have a bash at it on the clubs pistol course, its a great piece of kit out to 10 yards. Give me a rifle and a scope anyday though.
Steve CochraneWalther LG300, Leupold MK4
Old 11th January 2010, 07:21 PM

I've been looking at the Cometa Indian today and really like the look of this....not precharge,not co2, not a single stroke, a springer I know but supposed to have little recoil and puts out enough power to turn those knockdowns over (providing I could hit them)

The point of pistols for me is having more fun and I really fancy one of these as I always had a spring pistol in my teens and loved it. Might take a closer look when I get paid soon.

Has anybody had a go with one of these and does enybody know who sells them round my area ?