Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range/  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 3rd January 2010, 11:15 AM
Member of: AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)
Default Energy limit.

This is an open question.

As you know we are increasingly foreign shooters who travel to England to participate in some of your competitions.Really we enjoy a lot there!

In the Spanish forum: has raised an issue that generally concerns those who plan to attend this competition.

There are shooters who have airguns whose energy is controlled, some electronics and other mechanically. There are Spanish shooters that use the energy of 24.2 J, legal in Spain and to participate in English competitions they regulate their energy to j = 16.23j.

The effect of changing environmental conditions, temperature, pressure, or simply travel in the hold of a plane (see what happened at the Worlds), energy can be altered unintentionally.

In this situation if an airgun is chronographed during the competition and exceeds the maximum allowed energy of in a small quantity of energy . What would be the decision of the marshall?.

How can we manage this situation considering that the shooters always act in good faith?.

Thanks in advance for your help

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 3rd January 2010, 12:59 PM

Jesus any respecting shooter would check there gun's power on a crono at the day of the shoot before the comp began, if the gun's where set below the power of the destination country when being brought through custom's then they should be ok, if a gun is found to be over the legal limit on the comp then the shooter would be disqualified

i am no way a official in any shooting body or comp organiser or a legal expert on any thing to do with international law ...but i think this is common sence

Ship the guns empty of air ....we have enough air here in the UK if you need a refill
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:46 PM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Set your guns to just over 11fpe instead of 12 and check again on the day of the competition - just like the UK shooters do
Old 3rd January 2010, 04:56 PM
Member of: AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)
Default O.K.

Thanks Glyn and Brian.
The answers are logical, but I needed to ask the question because they are new issues for us and it is better to ask first of all.
In my case, I regulate the speed about 5 meters per second below the limit and thus ensure that I will always be within the limit

Best regards
Old 3rd January 2010, 08:26 PM

It may be an idea to make the BFTA chrono available for big comps that might atract foreign shooters even if there are no plans to chrono as part of the comp. Perhaps we should start thinking more internationally as FT matures into a bigger sport.
I know Millride hosted the Russians & András, the Hungarian before the Euros but had no Club Crono as such for them to use, though several club members would have been happy to share their 625's.
"The Past is a Foreign Country, they do things differently there".