Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 8th June 2015, 12:13 PM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

They don't take any wind.
They shift zero in the sun.

In this manner is the balance of the universe maintained.
Old 8th June 2015, 01:53 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by john79 View Post
Sat at the range all day yesterday my rifle zeroed at 35 yard's and was fine all morning shooting in the shade then by 12.30 as the sun came around after about 20 min's being in full sun my zero went from 35 yard's to 40 yard's and was consistant so moved back to shady area after a while my zero went back to 35 yard's rifle was my goldstar se with a mtc connect the air res is not touching the stock anywhere

We has a shoot yesterday in the sun , everyone on the plinking range took a few shots looked up scratched their heads and went for the top turrets , wind blowing very gently towards us , everyone's aim points had moved down ,mine went from 40 to 45 plus, just took it on board and got on with it , funny enough most people fell out the bottom of a 45ydr in the same direction, that was also out in the open sunny field !, however the long shots in the woods didn't suffer from that , hmmm

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?

Last edited by vinny; 8th June 2015 at 01:59 PM.