Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 27th July 2015, 02:12 PM
almost AA

Member of: York FTC

im that rubbish I don't even get on the list
Old 27th July 2015, 02:12 PM
B Grade Bandit

Member of: Anston FTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeeUK View Post
I was gutted last year too!!

Gavin needs 91% to make himself unbeatable so there really is the chance that any one of us can win C grade at the moment.

Assuming no one beats their lowest score I ONLY need 89.3%, you ONLY need 87.2% so I fancy your chances more!!

Either that or we settle things at the Euros :-)
Aye, I was watching all the scores from Nigel, Geoff and Andy last year, trotting in with PB's of 32 and still not registering, rotten feeling but the reality is to win in C you now need to shooting the top end of B.

We've got the Aston Chimp Cup to do at the Euro's and I think I'll be using my 800 for the first time but yeah I'll double or quits with you
Old 27th July 2015, 02:20 PM
B Grade Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantongunner View Post
im that rubbish I don't even get on the list
You must be on Sheet 2 and 3, I've only had 10 minutes to do the first part of sheet one.
Old 27th July 2015, 02:21 PM
almost AA

Member of: York FTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
You must be on Sheet 2 and 3, I've only had 10 minutes to do the first part of sheet one.
I have 3 dropped scores already
im just lulling you all ready for next year when I run away with it
Old 2nd August 2015, 07:49 PM
B Grade Bandit

One week to go before we sort out the final drive at Redfearns, it's been an epic battle this year and it looks like C Grade is improving year on year now. More people taking part and the scores are getting higher and higher. To Win C you've got to be shooting the top end of B these days and this has be so for the last two years, gutting if you trot in with a 32 to find you're actually 10th!

Anyway, good luck to all the C Grade Bandits at the last GP.

Here's a picture of Pop's with his 1st place trophy from last week.
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:04 PM
Team Gilly

Member of: Castle FTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
One week to go before we sort out the final drive at Redfearns, it's been an epic battle this year and it looks like C Grade is improving year on year now. More people taking part and the scores are getting higher and higher. To Win C you've got to be shooting the top end of B these days and this has be so for the last two years, gutting if you trot in with a 32 to find you're actually 10th!

Anyway, good luck to all the C Grade Bandits at the last GP.

Here's a picture of Pop's with his 1st place trophy from last week.
Well done Pete not bad to say you was going home at 9oclock coz it was drizzling a bit
Old 2nd August 2015, 09:28 PM
B Grade Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Well done Pete not bad to say you was going home at 9oclock coz it was drizzling a bit
He got the Anston Massive lecture
Old 10th August 2015, 07:37 AM
B Grade Bandit

What an epic battle till the end that was, well done to Gav for lifting the title and keeping the silver in NEFTA

I'm just going to crunch some numbers and post some thoughts later.
Old 10th August 2015, 08:59 AM
B Grade Bandit

OK, I've updated the sheets and still included the sheets with no scores dropped and without influence of top shooter just for fun. I've always kept sheets like this so I know exactly what I'm shooting off rather than hoping Our Kes or Gilly miss a few so I get extra % at NEFTA & MFTA Shoots. I've also included a sheet with everyones scores on so you can see where you came against the other 254 shooters.

Well done to Gav, Neil, Pops, Glen and Jason that was one hell of a battle for C grade with some amazing scores and hard work gone in. Respect due.

I've been battling with Mike for two years now for a final position and both of us missed out, myself by two targets and Mike by 3 across the 5. Mike you asked me what does it take to win C, well mate you have to shoot like 20th in AA Grade

Although I didn't get what I wanted [5th] (sing that in a Morrissey voice) I did manage to get what I really wanted and that was to work my way out of C grade. So I'm pleased with that and you know what, I'm never going back down to C again, if you drop back down to C Grade and take trophies off people that are battling to improve you need to have a word with yourself.

That's said, I really enjoyed the battle and banter between us all and it's great for the sport that so many C Graders are taking part now, brilliant.

BFTA lets see the top 10 C graders get trophies like all the other grades at the end, it would mean a lot to anyone battling and travelling.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Yorkshiretea; 10th August 2015 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10th August 2015, 09:00 AM

Member of: anston massive

yep big well done to gav on the win
I shot the morning session 38 thought that would be enough to win the day
then along comes neil woodhead and bangs a 40 in... WTF big well done to him also

just like to say I've enjoyed every minute of the GP series this year (even wet wales) and hopefully can come and join you guys in B grade after the winter league for next year

ATB Peter pops