Shooting the breeze FT Review  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > Photos and Videos from events > 2015 Events

Old 4th May 2015, 08:09 PM
NEFTA Chairman
Member of: Anston
Default NEFTA Classic Few Words from Dave Robbo

As you will know this was the 25th Classic event and it was a great result for the winner Pepone but equally important to me this year was the commitment of three FT shooters who have competed in all 25 events Those been Des Edwards, Andy Calpin and James Osborne. To commemorate this we arranged 3 special awards Des and James received 2 special targets custom designed and highly polished to a mirror finnish by Luis Lopez of Techno Targets. The third target was not highly polished this was awarded to Andy Calpin. He received Target NO 25 from the course of each day known as the silver shot. The target was removed from the course on Sunday evening placed on its base. A unique keepsake for Andy to thank him for not only shooting all 25 classics but for also giving us 25 NEFTA Classic Events.

A very special mention goes to Andy Wilson who took the Saturday and Sunday FT Targets by storm winning outright the FT Champ title Truly stunning as an A grade shot showing the AA graders how its done.

I have to mention father and son duo Paul and Red Gallagher Relatively new on the scene Red Took the Junior Title with some awesome shooting. His dad Paul Broke a new record for the first time ever in 25 years 40 misses on the silhouettes on Saturday earned him a new title at the presentation the "Couldn't hit a barn door award" some might see this as a negative however in true classic spirit he received a standing cheer and applause louder than that of given to the champion and by the smile on Paul's face he was happy with his title.

Unlucky this year Conor although I was busy in the stats cabin I wasn't able to witness the shoot off this year between yourself and Pepe I heard it was a real belter of a show piece.

Congratulations to all the positional winners you all put up a fantastic fight.

Thank you to Air Arms for making that one off and very unique TX200 what a beautiful bit of kit with the 25th logo in the pistol grip. Thank you to all the sponsors involved without which we wouldn't be able to give such a huge prize table.

As the classic evolves every year its fantastic to welcome overseas visitors and this year was no exception adding France to our growing profile of countries thank you to Jacky Reimund for visiting us as well as our usual travelers from Germany Stefan and alex. From Spain Jesus, Josean, Jose, Luis, Roberto and Manuel. From Belgium Yeori and Erik. From Italy Dario.

Well done to the Green squad for braving the pouring rain on Sunday morning you all have my admiration for carrying on. I must say Ive been watching the weather forecast nearly every hour for the past two weeks and its caused me some sleepless nights so guys thank you for braving the conditions.

So that's it for another year what next for the 26th thinking caps on eh. See you all soon and thank you for attending.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25classics0048.jpg (98.4 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 11221422_10152899700581314_8056977637543471877_n.jpg (48.5 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 1560589_768277009956047_7142716534695431814_n.jpg (141.9 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by DaveRobinson; 4th May 2015 at 08:12 PM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 4th May 2015, 08:17 PM

Great round up Dave.

I have say I'm not sure what I would do with myself in May without the NEFTA Classic to keep me entertained

Here's to the next 25

Old 4th May 2015, 08:19 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

3rd'd. It never fails to leave a smile on my face... best weekend shooting of the year, every year. Thanks to all those that make it possible.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 4th May 2015, 08:21 PM
Member of: Blaenau Gwent

Well done Dave great weekend

Steyr LG110 FT, Sightron SIIISS 10-50x60 LRIRMH
Old 4th May 2015, 08:26 PM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default Top man

Thank you very much Dave for a belter of a weekend,.
I have helped with 2 day events and know the head aches it brings,
your a credit to your region.
The rain was nothing compared to those micro biters Calps shipped in special we need an itchy head sticky
About as much use at field target , as a life guard at the Olympic swimming pool.
Old 4th May 2015, 08:28 PM
A sip of tea in the ocean
Member of: Greyhound
Default Brilliant Dave ,

Brilliant ,thanks once again
Air Arms Zenith EV IV with Bushnell 8x32x40 PROUD to be an AIR ARMS TEAM MEMBER hand powered by ☕️
Old 4th May 2015, 08:29 PM
Member of: Harriers

Dave, I had a great time and I know that I speak for our Spanish amigos in saying that this is the FT event of the year.
Thanks Dave
Old 4th May 2015, 08:32 PM
Member of: Millride FTC

This was my first NEFTA Classic in 20yrs, but one thing is for sure, it will not be my last!
Fantastic event, it ran like clockwork and even the weather could not put a dampener (pardon the pun) on everyone's spirits.
I enjoyed watching the masterclasses dealt out by the top shooters, driving me on to better myself at next years event, one thing is for sure, i'll be there!

Old 4th May 2015, 10:12 PM
Member of: Pontefract

Congrats to you and your team Dave, you are all to be applauded. My first Classic and definitely won't be my last. I thought I had a talent for this game until I saw everyone else shoot but it's only spurred me on to improve. My apologies to my shooting partner Peter Staddon for having to go round with Mr Sulky but believe it or not on reflection there was nowhere I'd rather have been.

Here's to many more!

Old 6th May 2015, 06:13 PM
Team Gilly
Member of: Castle FTC

How can James Osborn have attended all 25 Classics he only looks about 24
I am the weakest link