Shooting the breeze FT Review  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 26th April 2015, 09:32 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D
Default dreading it

After last years mind numbing 38 , the place filled me full of dread, still, really enjoyed today, I think we got lt off lightly with the weather, nicely placed targets guys, youve got a lot to play with there, I saw some strange pellet flight paths today
Well done to all who braved today and hats off to the winners :

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?

Last edited by vinny; 26th April 2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 26th April 2015, 09:59 PM
itchy trigger finger
Member of: springfield and mad

I feel i really learnt a lot today ,so much so that I've developed a new addition to my follow through technique which now involves shouting profanities at the said target, It doesn't improve my accuracy at all but makes me feel a whole lot better.
Thanks to James and Ian for their company and for putting up with my bouts of tourettes.
The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
Old 27th April 2015, 12:30 AM
Red Dwarf
Member of: Grampian arc

That's a long drive home 7.5 hours, 1st off a huge thanks to Greg Morss (The Driver) top job buddy.

Massive thanks to the quarry guys, another fine course, that I did reasonably well on for a change, superb !!

Thanks to Ian Bainbrdge & Colin Wilson, the chat (banter) fuelled positivity..

Rick Arden badges where a nice touch, showing the spirit within hft.

See you all at fort.

Walther Lg400 Red/Nightforce nxs 2.5-10x24 mil compact/Mick Troman Reg mod/floated barrel/Rog stripper/Tec Hro carbon cheek piece/carbon fibre forend...

Walther Lg300 dominator/Dutton tune/custom laminate stock/mec 3/Sightron s111 10-42

2014/15/16 Scottish Team

Last edited by jedi020; 27th April 2015 at 01:34 AM.
Old 27th April 2015, 05:47 AM
Member of: The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT

Cracking course Quarry! Thanks to all course setters + organisers etc. The course destroyed me again! Nice catch up & banter with everyone as ever + an extra special THANK YOU for the donations & minute silence for Rick! The round of applause after bought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. I'm sure he'd have been very proud & humbled by what you all did yesterday. Another thanks to my mate Dave Nichols for the company today. He's never beat me before then done it twice in a weekend at Kibby then here! Well done fella!
I've briefly contacted Aretha late on last night and she's said what a lovely gesture & thank you, your all so very kind. He'd have been proud of you all!
Rick Ardern. RIP mate, never ever forgotten!

Currently in stock........

Steyr LG100 x2, Ripley AR5S x3, hw77 x2, hw80 x2, hw100, hw97, hw98, Walther Dommie, Walther LGV, Stoeger x20s .22, Daystate mk4 in a custom laminate stock, Diana mod 50 + Gamo compact & Röhm twinmaster pistols

Old 27th April 2015, 06:23 AM
Goed Geschoten

Well I got my arse kicked !! Great course for sure . Lovely to see everyone again and now I'm going to see how I can improve ..... Grrrrrrr . Thanks to Lanky and Willie for your company around the course . Cracking laugh as ever !

I didn't ask for these powers !
Old 27th April 2015, 07:32 AM
Lee Marvin & the Shadows
Default good day at Quarry

very enjoyable shoot, great shooting partners and Tugg please dont swear it upsets me .
well done to all.
Old 27th April 2015, 07:35 AM
itchy trigger finger
Member of: springfield and mad

Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
very enjoyable shoot, great shooting partners and Tugg please dont swear it upsets me .
well done to all.
The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
Old 27th April 2015, 07:54 AM
Share the Love
Member of: Misfits, Australia OMT

Brilliant day at Quarry, great target placement, pesky wind. However sunshine and great banter from those on our adjacent pegs.

Well done the Dragons for organising and putting out a course.

Big thanks to the Mick for the company and laughs on the way round, let's see if I can make it three in row

Lastly, appreciated the minute silence for Ricky and the badges are ace, keeping mine on for the whole series.

Ps, thanks Darren for the cap
Old 27th April 2015, 09:48 AM
Barn door? Where?
Member of: Cambridge

Originally Posted by dave.h View Post
Great day at quarry shooting my .22 for first time only having it 4 weeks. Great coarse great weather and great company. I must thank keith warburton for giving me a charge after i left my bottle at home. What a gent, and very helpfull too, giving me the benifit of his experience. Also nice to catch up with old freinds who i will be meeting again a fort. Looking forward to it.
Dave, you're welcome, and thanks for the kind words. But beware of any advice that I give ... I've still got a hell of a lot to learn, and by the time I've learned three new things I've forgotten 2 previous lessons. Congratulations on your .22 result - great outcome for a new shooter with a new gun.

What a great course it was, though. And great company from Nigel & Rhian. Loadsa fun and looking forward to Fort.
Old 27th April 2015, 06:27 PM
Member of: chesterfield HFT (nomads) +Kingsley HFT

Originally Posted by Ash Bailey View Post
What a great start to this year's UKAHFT series. A great course, although far too much like hard work for a member of the "rabble" such as myself!

I never cease to be amazed with those who score so well at this challenging venue, always "tricky" with that famous Quarry wind. A brilliant course; thanks to all the Quarry pixies who put so much time in.

A lovely touch having the collection and minute's silence for Rick.

Thanks too to my shooting buddies Mia Roberts and Kevin Turner; you're both great company. Hope we get to shoot together again before too long.

See y'all at Fort!
BUZZER IS A W*****R loved it Ash