Shooting the breeze Millride Field Target Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 9th April 2015, 06:04 PM
Default Nikko diamond 10-50x60 parrallax wheel !!!

Got a new Nikko diamond 10-50x60 in January lovely scope but started to have a bit of movement on parrallax wheel it moved about 5 mm befor it engage but with bigger wheel on the movement was larger over 10 mm so I sent it back . I spoke to lad how was looking at and he said he couldn't see anything wrong with it so it came back still with the same , now he says dos I'm using an non Nikko wheel I couldn't have it fixed under warranty so why do Nikko advertises Paul Cary wining World Championships with one on
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 9th April 2015, 06:18 PM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default Change of advert

Don't give up on getting it swaped, they tried to tell me that the Big nikko was not really a field target scope.They were very fast to offer a brand new scope as a replacement, which turned out to be a bad batch of Nikko's.Thats when I complained about the tiny gaps between distances and was told it was not really intended for range finding for field target.I pointed out that their website had a field target champ all over it and how could they get round that.
That's when the website seemed to have changed and had Japan all over it after I told them I heard it was being made in the states.
Your best bet would be to ask if they would like you to complain to the manufacture directly,if you bought it new then it has a life time warrantee.
If I were you I would push for a full refund and spend the money on another make,i will never own another MK3.
Old 10th April 2015, 07:38 AM
Member of: Tawd FT & ARC

Where I shoot there are four of us with MK3's purchased in the last 6 months of each other from the same place. Two I know of have lateral movement on the side wheel from side to side like when you check a wheel bearing on a car, both with Rowan wheels where mine is solid.

One phone call I made to the shop I purchased from, was "how the standard Nikko side wheel in the box that has a location peg for the scope location was 15 yards out indicated on the wheel on an actual measured yardages?"

I was also told "oh you have a good one & the scope was not originally made for FT & it was from a batch of scopes purchased after the tsunami in 2011 but made before it, that's all he said!

Six months on they are now 75 more expensive!
Old 10th April 2015, 07:39 AM

Had two Nikko's, sent them both back. Few weeks ago, checked another one in a store, magnification ring didn't stop spinning, you can just keep it turning.

Off course, I've seen really great ones but I generally don't like the idea of changing something until I bump into a good one. I rather change brands.

You can replace it and hope for a better one, but maybe you should get a refund and go for something else.

Where I come from, Nikko is about 100 cheaper than Sightron, and Sightron is a better choice IMHO.

Or, if you are on a budget, Falcon proved to be of a high quality for much less than those two.
I've been using T50 for some time and was very satisfied with it.

But, I'm not a very serious competitor so what works for me, maybe just isn't good enough for you.

Best regards!