Shooting the breeze Central Southern Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > WHFTA Official forum

WHFTA Official forum World Hunter Field Target Association

Old 6th April 2015, 07:56 PM

two mega courses, defo the best to date, excellent company on and off the course, watching mick fearn demolish that challenge burger in pub sunday night was awsome! did you pay for it monday with your score though mick? thanks to all involved excellent week end
Old 6th April 2015, 08:04 PM
Member of: Glevum & Quarry Hunters

Well done and thanks to the WHFTA for a great weekend. The courses were quite humbling and shows how far the sport has come that with all the fancy kit its still impossible to get a clear even when as on the first day there was little wind.

Well done to all the course setters and to the new champion and class winners.

Originally Posted by cliveo View Post
also broke my marshalling cherry big time thanks to THAT tree
Your not wrong Clive, you did a stirling job up that tree with a large sledge and 10mm bolts, which prevented the target being pulled so credit to yourself,the organisors and marshals there.

Old 6th April 2015, 08:13 PM
Member of: Bedlay airgun club

Great weekend and fantastic shooting a big thankz to the organisers of the event done a great job and thanks to miryam an john for being great shooting pards last of all thanks to nigel for the catering an army marches on its stomach an nigel fed us well thanks again ladies an gents great shooting and meeting many new friends
Old 6th April 2015, 09:00 PM
Member of: The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT

Originally Posted by GTC View Post
two mega courses, defo the best to date, excellent company on and off the course, watching mick fearn demolish that challenge burger in pub sunday night was awsome! did you pay for it monday with your score though mick? thanks to all involved excellent week end
Think I did Graham! That & fiddling with my gun?
Rick Ardern. RIP mate, never ever forgotten!

Currently in stock........

Steyr LG100 x2, Ripley AR5S x3, hw77 x2, hw80 x2, hw100, hw97, hw98, Walther Dommie, Walther LGV, Stoeger x20s .22, Daystate mk4 in a custom laminate stock, Diana mod 50 + Gamo compact & Röhm twinmaster pistols

Old 6th April 2015, 09:20 PM
WHFTA 2014 World Champion
Member of: Mile oak
Cool great weekend !

Thanks to all the organisers , very well set courses that really made you think . thanks to Simon and Charles for the good company over the weekend . congratulations to all the winners ; especially Vince ! really happy for you , very very good shooting .
see you all Next year
Mile Oak HFT
2015 Team England member
C&H Weston's - AA FTP900
Old 6th April 2015, 09:22 PM
Semper fidelis
Member of: Maldon

Fantastic weekend, thanks to the organisers, course setters, sponsors etc.
Two excellent courses, plenty of time and thought went into those, guys.
Massive well done to Vince Holland and all the other silverware winners
Great couple of evenings with Alex, Gary, Jean and Smokey.
Had a cracking couple of days with Pete D and Lanky Mark
Roll on the Nationals!
Silence is the enemy........
Old 6th April 2015, 09:41 PM
itchy trigger finger
Member of: springfield and mad

what a weekend .. had a great time and a lot of laughs ,2 very good courses and the weather held out too.Thanks to Tony and Dusan for the company over the 2 days.
I'm really happy for Vinny Holland ,must be on cloud nine at the moment and may take some time to come down.
The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
Old 6th April 2015, 09:52 PM
Member of: MAD

Great weekend had by all well done to all the winners and a special well done to Vince! great shooting mate.

Thanks to Clive and leon for there company
Old 7th April 2015, 07:50 AM

Fabulous weekend, congrats to Vinny - a deserved result!
Thanks to Rudy and Simon for great company and showing me the way it should be done.
Any thoughts on a trophy for mat carrying and placement? I think I would be in with a shout!
Looking forward to UKAHFT!
Mile Oak Shooting Club
Southern Hunters Organiser
Air Arms HFT Team
Old 7th April 2015, 09:29 AM
Member of: The Oaks & Horsham hawks
Default Big thanks...

Just a big, big thanks to all those that helped set Bravo, not sure I should name them after looking at some of the scores (including my own) but we were all stitched up by Sparky for a photo so here we go..

Andy Simpson, Gary Morrison, Nigel Buchan & Justin Rayner, without these people the two full days of graft would have been impossible ! We had people falling in ditches (ahem, Gary ), stinging nettles, briars, hawthorn & some other god awful stuff I'm still pulling out of my hands now to contend with, but it was all worth it with the feedback we received after

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback on the course, I think we managed to set a fair course with just enough to catch a few out, the wind played a big part on day 2 but we set out in the hope it picked up
I paid the price for my comment on the 'spider web target' thread since I picked up a 0 on it must keep my mouth shut in future & whoever says course setters have an advantage look at my scores, 57 on ALPHA, 48 on BRAVO, haha..

Also, thanks to all that set Alpha, you had a harder line to set out I think so well done.

All in all, I had a great 4 days though with great company, two great courses with only one 'real' problems on each when screws sheared on brackets, I think most were strings or splitters.

Mr & Mrs Sparky, thanks for a good craic all weekend in the Elms Good to see the Meon lads as well.

A massive thanks to all the behind the scenes people that help with setting the event up from start to finish.

Last but not least, thanks to all the competitors that shot over the weekend, see some of you on the UKAHFT circuit.

Sorry for rambling on, tired & still on a bit of a buzz from the weekend

& well done Vince Holland on becoming WORLD CHAMPION !!"!
In life you should not persue goals that are easily achieved, develop an instinct for what can be only just achieved through your greatest efforts.