Shooting the breeze Rivers West, Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Introductions

Introductions Say hello...

Old 5th February 2015, 04:21 PM
Default Hello from Ontario, Canada

I have got back into playing with air guns after a 38 yr break. I just recently moved out into the country and have lots of hunting opportunities out side my back door. I've been hunting since I was a teenager. I enjoy all aspects of the shooting sports. First got into target shooting in order to be a better( more accurate) game shot.

Last year, when I first looked at getting back into air gunning, I did a fair bit of research. Air guns have come a long way from my old BSA Meteor Super (which I still have). My first Air rifle was an AA S510 Xtra FAC .177. In Canada, anything producing over 500 fps needs an PAL. Possession and Acquisition Liccence...similar to your FAC...intact it was originally call an FAC. So anyway...any air gun powerful enough to be used for hunting needs a PAL.
The S510 was an eye opener. I was easily as accurate as my FWB 300, easier to load and shoot and was a high quality, well made air rifle....Then the disease that knows no cure started. Soon I bought a TX200 .177, then a Daystate Regal .22 30 fpe and finally an Air Wolf Tactical .25 40 fpe.

While looking into air gunning, I came across this fascinating game called field target. I purchased a few knock down targets and had a ball. My new mission now is to get into shooting this sport at a competitive level. Unfortunately, I live too far away from the two main field target clubs in Ontario. 6 hrs. to one and 5 to the other.

Being an enterprising lad I'm building my own in the back. It's hard work, but so far I got three lanes plus a tree stand completed.

Now I'm looking at getting a FT rig together so I can practice to the point I'm willing to drive half a day to compete.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 5th February 2015, 05:03 PM
SWEFTA FT Champion 2006
Member of: Mendip Air Gun Club, East Devon FTC, Avon Hawks FTC.

Hello Junaid and welcome to the Breeze, where you will find lots of useful information.

FT is certainly addictive and building a course in your own back yard is a great way to get in the practice and before long I'm sure that you will be travelling and competing in major events.

Good Luck with the course, the practice, and the competitions.
AA Field Target Team 2007~2011
East Devon FTC - SWEFTA Club Champions 2006/2007/2008/2009/2010 & 2013/2014/2015
Old 6th February 2015, 06:03 AM
Lucky git

Hi Junaid, welcome to the forum. Nice intro by the way
Old 14th February 2015, 07:06 AM

Welcome from Belgium
must be nice to have your own course
as you like hunting , why not give HFT a try, its a lot closer to hunting than FT
estimate distance and wind, aim , shoot , by the time you have dialled in, clicked the turret the quarry will have died of age