Other 6 6.38%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th January 2010, 04:27 AM

I see nightforce do 2.5-10x24 also .
Celer et Audax.
(Royal Green Jackets/The Rifles)
Old 4th January 2010, 06:26 AM
Goed Geschoten

I really like the look of the NF scopes, the one Tench has just looks amazing. I would defo want a quick look through that for sure!!! I bet the glass is top notch!!!

I didn't ask for these powers !
Old 4th January 2010, 07:05 AM
UKAHFT Champion 2010 & 11
Member of: Rivington Riflemen
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tench View Post
The Nightforce got an outing today at Tawd Vale in the SFT class, it was a last minute decision to go so i was a bit unprepared and it was also out to 55 yards, the gun was last used for some 40 yard pellet testing so i had to adjust the elevation on the zero range before i started, this was not a problem but it also needed a few clicks of windage? maybe this was caused by the -4 deg temperature!!
I decided to shoot it proper HFT style with no scope adjustments even though they where allowed, all was going well untill i shot a close target without holding over, Doh! just an absent minded mistake by me, then at the end of the course i missed 4 out of the last 5 kz's, on completing the course i rechecked the zero and the windage i had put on earlier had to come off again to correct the poi, so the difference in temp from -4 to +2 had an effect on something, breech mounts scope or a combination, maybe steal mounts on an alloy rail and scope are the problem?
I still won but should have had 5 points more!! the other miss's where just down to me!

One of these days i will put in a good result and come away knowing that all the mistakes where down to me, but i supose we are all in the same boat at the moment dealing with the problems that extremes of temperature bring.

nice going yesterday Simon. Missed the chance to blag a look through the NF..... damn
BASC Team England HFT 2010,11,12,13,14,15,16 &17
Old 4th January 2010, 08:01 AM
WHFTA World Champion 2016.

If i had known you where there Dave i would have made a point of finding you, the Nightforce 2.5-10x24scope was awsome, a definite improvememt over the bushnell 10x40 i uses to use, even out to 55 i had good clarity with no noticeable px error, i was shooting a resetable 55 yarder on the zero range and it was too easy so i resorted to shooting it standing with more hits than misses, i had a shoot with a couple of other guns with 3200 10x40's on back to back with my own gun, there are like night and day, they are that different! i have spoilt myself now though, theres no going back!!
I have a very slight blurr at 8 yards but as it was clear beyond 55 i might adjust the px a little more for proper hft.
I cant wait for normal temperatures to resume to elimanate the problems i experienced yesterday.